Bye bye talent macros in Dragonflight?

Is there going to be some sort of replacement for the talent macros or are we going to have to manually add abilities to our bars for each talent tree loadout?

2 Likes

Unknown at this time.

[newtalent]

Frankly, talent changes aren’t tactical. On the few occasions when I do change talents, I just change the macros.

They might not be tactical to everyone, but i know a few talents that I’ll change back and forth fairly regularly depending specifically on what I’m doing.

At the high level, there’s changes between Raid, M+, PVP, or soloing
Even more granular, there’s changes based on Raid fights, M+ affixes or specific dungeons (plaguefall needing roots for the first boss etc.), arenas vs battlegrounds, etc.
Currently, I have macros that make it so I don’t have to mix up my bars every time.

With the Dragonflight talents, what we can do is set specific loadouts for those types of content, and as far as I can tell they save your action bar setup when you switch away from them, so when you switch back to that setup it restores your bar.
I don’t know if that will alleviate things entirely, but it’s something I’m going to be playing with a lot on the PTR

This would solve the issue entirely if we had a whole lot more character-specific macro slots. As-is, it means you’ll be cluttering the shared macro space with class-specific macros.

3 Likes

I agree this is an issue that needs to be addressed ASAP. As someone who primarily plays healing roles and prefers @mouseover macros to healing addons, being unable to build macros that account for changing talents would make it difficult to heal without addons.

6 Likes

Any update on this? Hope they don’t remove it due to the new talent tree loadout feature that saves action bar spells by loadout.

10.0 is here… what is the solution? Has blizzard really killed talent macros???