Buyer beware for WoW store purchases... I guess?

So the Crown of Eternal Winter (and maybe other store bought items) are just vanishing from player’s accounts. It’s been months since I could use mine, and the several characters with it on have even lost the transmog from the items it was on. This is a known issue for months now.

I petitioned blizzard for an answer and received a GM reply that basically boiled down to, “Yeah we dont know why that’s happening and we don’t have a fix, so just wait months more for the thing you paid for to be given back to you.”

So there you have it. Blizz can “whoopsie” your store bought items away and they’ll maybe get around to resolving that some day. So in the mean time, everyone should be aware that money spent on the Blizzard Store is no guarantee that you will have use of the purchase. It only ensures that Blizzard gets your money.

22 Likes

Yeah, this has been a bit of a pain. I made a post on the bug report forums about it nearly a year ago, but still haven’t heard anything back from them on it.

4 Likes

What’s weird is some characters have it some don’t now. And you can’t find it by searching crown, you gotta search winter for it to show up at all on those rare characters.

I get that bugs happen, but over a year to get something we paid for isn’t acceptable in my mind. I know I won’t be making any store purchases till I know I’ll actually have access to them.

5 Likes

Yes! I purchased the murloc baby egg back transmog and when I chose something else the option to use them disappeared for a while. I’ve been scared to change it since then, who knows it may disappear again.

2 Likes

The fact that they leave this stuff in the store and let people purchase items that will stop working is beyond ridiculous.

21 Likes

That’s what really bugs me. They’re aware of the fact there’s a problem where they might not be able to actually provide the product. The ethical thing would be to take it down until the problem is resolved or put up a warning when you buy it.

10 Likes

Here is the latest on the fix:

2 Likes

That’s insane they still haven’t fixed it. People paid actual money for it.
Something they sell as a microtransaction should be at the top of the pile of fixes.

2 Likes

Forget changing, it can disappear right off your character. Had that happen for several days where suddenly two of my characters were in clown gear, since they had some shop items and the RAF set.

4 Likes

Sorry, but when an item bought for real money just stops working, that’s a high priority.

If a product is defective in any other store, it’s refunded or removed from shelves.

Even Old Republic refunded people and pulled things from their in game shop when things weren’t working.

9 Likes

See, this is my issue with how they replied to it.

Something we paid for should get priority over game inconveniences, no matter how annoying they are.

10 Likes

Actually now that I think about it, this happened too my flaming horns transnog for like a week but then randomly came back. I was wondering what that was about, huh.

1 Like

typical attitude from the current wow dev team management

fix anything that hinders cash shop revenue but low priority on fixing any cash shop issues not related to front end revenue and recent purchases

1 Like

This is something I’d expect from a 3rd rate company like Daybreak Games (which they do as well, see Planetside 2), not Blizzard. How pathetic.

2 Likes

OP, perhaps the answer to your issue is to contact your state’s Department of Consumer Affairs.

1 Like

What is that going to do? Get them in line with all the other government agencies currently investigating and suing Blizzard? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

They aren’t so much as disappearing from your accounts in so much as they’re actually just not displaying in the menu for whatever reason.

but hey, I guess this is what happens when you fire your QA team to cut costs lol

2 Likes

Might help OP get his money returned. :woman_shrugging:

and yeah.

But I’d rather OP take them to court on Judy Justice because that would be fun to watch :smiley:

3 Likes

They revert your stamped transmog back to base item appearance, as well.

2 Likes

It’s been going on for a year and costing people untold frustration plus the costs of repeatedly re-transmogging when they do re-appear. I’ve had cases where every other login they’d disappear and reappear and I spent thousands of gold on one character repeatedly transmogging it back over months of time at one point.

It’s deeply amusing that of all items this is happening specifically to paid items thus undercutting the value proposition of such items and possibly discouraging future purchases from those affected.

The fact that they haven’t fixed this. Something hurting the customers they should most want to retain and please (those who buy store items and/or who buy six month subs) shows I think the state of Blizzard’s contempt for the players.

Because money is important to corporate. They’re not sitting there just shrugging at the idea of losing money. They want those store sales. Yet why should players continue to buy them given these problems? The answer is they must think their remaining players are obedient little addicts who don’t care about losing access to purchases and will gladly continue to spend anyways. Why do more when you think your customers will obediently accept less?

That or their QA and bug-fixing teams have been so cut to the bone they just haven’t been able to deal with it until now. Either is alarming.

4 Likes