Burning Crusade Classic Season 4 Ends August 29

Deathknight pvp set???

Hour 168 and no response yet.
Even a bad answer is better than none.

2 Likes

Hour 192 and still no response.
Weā€™re now 4 days away from prepatch. Thanks for the communication.

1 Like

Damn my team meets late at night usually too. RIP

216 hours later and weā€™ve reached Friday of the last week of arena with no response.

2 Likes

So what, we get punished for playing the game, I have every piece of season 4 and the honor pieces I need. And because I BG a lot I have capped badges and honor and arena points itā€™s considered ā€œwanting to stay aheadā€to get some gold in place of just deleting all my efforts over the last couple months?

1 Like

Itā€™s not really min/max when I just play for fun and naturally cap.

Cryptic blue post today on Wowhead regarding S4:

ā€œ1. Season 4 is our last Season with Arena teams, and itā€™s important for us that players are rewarded for their skill and their effort accordingly. Now that weā€™re approaching the end of Season 4, weā€™ll keep in mind the feedback from all of the Seasons during Burning Crusade Classic. We aim to be fair, but at the same time, we want to make sure that players are following the rules.ā€

So reward players for their effort? Would this include those players that are honor capped and want to spend their arena points? FFS can someone (i.e. Kaivax) just answer the basic question everyone on this thread has been asking Blizz??

3 Likes

If I do arenas this week, will I earn arena points that I can buy s3 with, or will my arena points go straight to honor?

I am expecting a blue post (could be Monday) which explain the details about arena points to honor points conversion and other things. I will suggest we wait for that to decide how to deal with our arena points.

2 Likes

When are we getting hourly updates for leaderboards & cutoffs?

240 hours later with no response. I donā€™t expect anything on the weekend but hereā€™s hoping to some sort of any type of update Monday.

3 Likes

Hello, please enable the goblin that flies down and updates the cutoff board / team rankings hourly.

It will be a very miserable experience for arena players having to guess what they need to end at 14 hours earlier than they should need to.

264 hours later with no response. Monday is tomorrow. Maybe weā€™ll get a last minute update? Probably not.

3 Likes

Looks like blizzard is telling us ā€œ BOHICAā€

What are those of you that are 5k/75k capped doing? Are you spending your arena points on whatever S4 items you might not have yet before patch? Are you buying honor items hoping you can return them? (Iā€™ve heard that it will not work.)

Let me hear your strategies.

If you have s4 items to buy, buy it. If you have bought all the s4 items available to you, I will suggest to buy gems with arena points first (they can be used for your new gears in prepatch and even at the beginning of wrath). After this, you can also buy s3 gear with arena points if you want it for transmog in the future or other purposes.

288 hours later and the last day of the season. Still no response.

Thanks for nothing. Couldnā€™t even be bothered to give a simple answer of any type.

My suggestion is to just buy OS pieces of whatever you might possibly want. I opened a ticket and got the response that buying honor pieces and refunding the next day wouldnā€™t work because itā€™s 2 real time hours (which is shorter than maintenance). I also asked about whether excess arena points would be allowed to surpass honor cap, but got a very safe reply saying that isnā€™t how itā€™s usually done, suggesting it wonā€™t be done this time either. I donā€™t think the GMs really know either.

If this info is accurate though (and please do take it with a grain of salt), I think itā€™s better to just dump whatever you can. Of course wait until the last moment in case there is a last minute announcement.

1 Like

Blizz truly is redefining how pathetic a company can act and get away with. PvP is such an important part of this game and they blatantly ignored all these threads asking how to proceed. Screw 'em.

I donā€™t do retail, nor my IRL friends, and we all just unsubbed two accounts each and rotated back to Valheim. Find a way to turn your frown upside down- like we did! :smiley:

GL!

2 Likes