Burning Crusade Classic Realm Consolidation August 9

I have just as much right to keep my names as they do. That’s the point.

1 Like

Can you please update it on other PVP servers as well who also don’t have a healthy sustainable population? PVP servers like Earthfury, and Sulfuras?

How about just close these as well and just provide transfers from these 2 servers to the rest and just slim down so all the remaining servers are just the mega servers like Grobb, Faerlina, Bene, and Whitemane.

@Kaivax,

Why not consolidate some of the smaller servers? If you combined the three small PVE-NA-West servers (Old Blanchy, Azuresong, and Myzrael), you’d still have a smaller server (3500 logged toons), but it would leave a more playable environment.

3 Likes

Not that it matters but why is Arcanite Reaper not on this list??? /who at any time and its under 10 people. Mostly just farmers…

This is obviously needed, but provides no resolution to so many of us that are stuck on the small side of a pvp server. I’m just expected to spend $150 to escape from a literally unplayable version of the game?

I believe it is - or at least was intended to be - but there was a mistake. There is no server named simply “Reaper” so I think that one is supposed to be “Arcanite Reaper”.

1 Like

Both parties having an equal right to keeping the name doesn’t make only one party keeping it fair, regardless of whether that party is the other player or you. The only way to make the situation fair would be for Blizzard to somehow redesign the way player names work so that multiple people could have the same name on the same server.

I am also extremely disappointed by these server closures – by the closure of Deviate Delight in particular – for more than one reason. But Blizzard closing servers is the issue; other players happening to already exist somewhere is not. If Blizzard were to make some sort of apology to players whose realms are closed, that apology should not take the form of a punishment inflicted on other players who had nothing to do with it.

3 Likes

interestingly it seems like most of these servers are already dead, kinda seems like a load of nothing actually being done
(can’t post a link but look up dexerto server populations)

August 16th prepatch

1 Like

They really should just connect the 3 at this point.

1 Like

IMO, should have only Grobb, Faerlina and Bene as servers or 5 servers max.
Don’t have the population for these dozens of servers lel.

1 Like

Pagle is the 2nd highest pop alliance NA server with over 10k weekly active raiders on it, how tf is it dead? You can’t just have everyone dogpile on benediction.

Whoever is on the server first gets to have the name. It’s not a random’s fault that you chose the wrong server to play in or decided to keep playing in it after most people left.
Imagine being asked to rename just because some dude is migrating to your server lmao.

3 Likes

Can we get some dates?

1 Like

Is there any news on when this will be available?

2 Likes

Destination realm gets priority. So realm being closed loses and as such will have to rename the toon.

You guys are such a joke, a bunch of clowns taking care of the game doing an abysmal job
You ruin the servers, did the worst job ever handling migration and also consolidation in every way possible

E A R T H F U R Y

4 Likes

I agree totally. The “threshold” or algorithm they use to determine which servers migrate, merge or have free transfers to help balance is a TRASH system that needs to be fixed and improved on… This bad planning literally KILLS the community, servers and stops people playing altogether… Including myself. You guys (blizzard) act too slowly, this should be a full time job for someone to manage, constantly - not waiting for some algorithm to determine “how dead the server is” before making decisions… You should be focused on the Majority of players that need a economy, need a player base, need people to play with… dont make excuses about “some” people that like to play and low populated servers… maybe you should make specific servers with MAX # of players for them specifically… the rest of the human race wants to have thriving active and popular servers to play on, with well balanced PVP horde vs alliance player base for world pvp and a booming economy… This is not that hard… literally a 5th grader could do this job. why is it so hard to balance these servers?

I read a LONG winded explanation of “how challenging” it is… here Thoughts on Realm Consolidation - #3 by Aggrend-1483

sure there are “things to consider” but at the end of the day… when server pops drop down to literally ZERO PLAYERS or less than 500-1000 on each side (imo should be merged even before that) you guys should be acting right away… not making announcements MONTHS later or after they are DEAD!!! then saying “in AUGUST” - more MONTHS later taking action… it’s ridiculous… and you wonder why active subscriptions drop off and population starts to die??

Do your job @blizzard

1 Like

@Aggrend,

Thank you for reply in the thread “Thoughts on Realm Consolidation”; it was great to see such a detailed response!

I do have to ask one thing, though. You stated that Old Blanchy was above the DAW. Is the DAW based on the number of accounts on the server on a daily basis, or the number of toons?

I have two accounts (and there are many of us with two or more accounts), and run multiple toons through the Isle dailies (it’s the only way OB will ever open the badge vendor!). I’d hate to think that all of these toons, or the multiple accounts, were impacting OB’s chance at getting an opportunity to move.

In the original post (“Burning Crusade Classic Realm Consolidation Coming August 9”), it stated:

From what we can see (not having access to the DAW numbers), Old Blanchy is (sadly) ready for the glue factory. Based on the ironforge.pro numbers (number of toons logging raids on a weekly basis), Old Blanchy is, by far, the smallest of all of the PVE servers in Classic Burning Crusade with a total of 708 (logged) raiders. Amongst US Normal servers, the Azuresong (1292) and Myzreal (1421) are in better shape, but not far behind.

Is there any way that we can get some insight on whether these realms will be offered free transfers, or will we have to wait until some unspecified period after August 9th?

1 Like

Yep, and now that transfers are starting to slow down for them, they are going to try squeezing out what little transfer money they can still get from people before opening up the free realm transfers by offering a ThIrTy PeRcEnT DiScOuNt.

1 Like