Bugged quest: Trek to Ashenvale

After turning in either quest “Escape by Force/Stealth” in Auberdine , Sentinel Selarin is supposed to spawn and offer the quest in the title and then despawn shortly after. She is currently stuck and not offering the quest or despawning. I remember this one being problematic during Vanilla too.

16 Likes

Having the exact same problem. She was already spawned before I turned in the quest and is not offering any quests. Currently lvl 23.

4 Likes

yep. Same. looks to be bugged.

2 Likes

How do we know if Blizzard has read this or will even look into it?

1 Like

same problem for me

1 Like

Same problem!

1 Like

Turned in Escape Through Force, same problem! Already spawned, unable to give quest. Blizzard?

1 Like

I turned in escape by stealth. So its good to know both options have the same result.

2 Likes

Same problem here.

1 Like

Same problem here

1 Like

Same problem

1 Like

Same here as well

1 Like

Me and one of my friends is having the exact problem.

1 Like

same here. thought it was just me.

1 Like

Same. I think they are doing it intentionally. They noted that all bugs from back then are the same now.

1 Like

same issue here, I hope they aren’t keeping bugs in on purpose because that is just a waste of time

1 Like

I went back today and she was offering the quest! Thanks Blizzard!

Anyone else have luck going back and accepting it? Blizzard responded to my ticket: Basically, it’s a “bread crumb quest” without “real rewards” so the GM wasn’t going to do anything.

As a completionist, this is not the answer I was hoping for. :frowning:

2 Likes

That’s the same crap I experienced back in Vanilla that eventually led to me canceling my subscription.

I have already submitted a ticket and got a response for this so now just waiting until something happens to get this quest however I want to add something I have noticed: other NPCs that appear after a quest turn-in are having similar issues to Selarin.

• Grimclaw in Auberdine, Darkshore is supposed to appear after a roar is heard after the player turns in the second ‘How Big a Threat?’ quest to Terenthis. Terenthis says some lines to Grimclaw then the bear is supposed to leave at some point (I forget if after their dialogue or after the first ‘A Lost Master’ quest is turned in). However, he remains next to Terenthis, never leaving and their dialogue is never started outside of Terenthis saying his first line about hearing a roar.

• Selarin as stated by the OP similarly is permanently there near Terenthis, never saying her dialogue with him, not giving the quest, and never leaving.

• Sargath, a night elf ghost, appears next to Delgrin in Maestra’s Post in Ashenvale after turning in the quest ‘The Tower of Althalaxx’, the version where you need to get a soulgem from some warlocks north of the post. He talks to Delgrin about the story of the main target of the whole quest line then disappears after they finish. Once again though, he is permanently there and never leaves with Delgrin only saying the opening line and their dialogue not stated.

My theory on all this is that NPCs that are supposed to appear after a quest turn in then leave after some time are getting bugged somewhere and not saying their lines or giving their quests while remaining possibly by the amount of people turning in said quests so quickly back-to-back. This may be due to the NPC that the quest is turned into still being interactable allowing other players to keep turning the quest in.

I’ve noticed that another NPC that appears after a quest turn in is Anaya in Auberdine but I have yet to see her permanently remain as Cerellean who said quest is turned into becomes non-interactable until after their dialogue is complete. I saw this myself as someone turned their quest in before I did and I had to wait for them to finish.

*Edit: Finally got the quest which oddly enough is thanks to the recent DDoS attack causing the servers to go down thus resetting the NPC. However, the bug still stands that something is causing each of these NPCs to break and not perform their scripts.