Bugfix for Solenor the Slayer and Other Enemies

Please revert this change, it has broken how pulling and splitting mob aggro used to work.

6 Likes

Seriously. The original fix for Solenor is good, but this broke a LOT of stuff.

4 Likes

RIP any hunters that haven’t done Rhok quest already. Not being able to leash Simone’s pet is gonna make that fight so much harder.

3 Likes

That’s how it’s supposed to be, and was in vanilla. Them leashing apart was the bug. However the bug fix for this messed up other parts of the game

What? Quest Mobs are leashed to their spawn areas. This isn’t world bosses and dragons that wander here.

2 Likes

Hello!

We investigated King Gordok and Cho’Rush the Observer, and this change does not affect their behavior. During that additional investigation, we discovered a bug with Eyes of the Beast relating to threat that might explain the odd behaviors you’re describing. We’re working on a fix for it.

1 Like

The bugfix to leash behavior of groups of enemies makes the game behave like it did in original WoW. We discovered the problem because of Solenor the Slayer, but it was a bug with all linked combat groups’ leashing behavior. The fix only affects linked combat groups with a leash timer, so there are still plenty of situations when you might attract the attention of multiple enemies and be able to split one off.

3 Likes

Yeah I definitely noticed this. I was able to cheese the centaur quest in Desolace where you blow the horn by pulling the main boss guy away from his guards.

1 Like

Yeah, pretty ridiculous. It is clear where their priorities are. Clearly not with Classic. I have canceled sub and have been browsing forums in hope that things would change. Was on my last straw as to whether or not I’d re-sub, and I am officially done now. Hah.

2 Likes

She was still a cakewalk with kiting both. I trapped the pet and kited her around the lake. It eventually caught up, but I was able to maintain distance from it with scatter and concussive while slowly dpsing the demon, since she is easy to kite while constantly stopping to cast lightning

1 Like

This.

And this.

SMH

@Kaivax

Yet i’ve done over 30 tribute runs for the past week and didn’t have any issue with doing them or any “Weird Behaviour” until you released this so called “Fix” that apparently does not impact the fight ? Hunters also don’t need to use eyes of the beast to solo tribute so unless im missing something that would have no impact on why the fight is behaving differently

Revert the changes or provide another “Fix” so that the 2 mobs don’t share the same threat table as it was prior to your current fix and as it was during vanilla

Stop ruining players fun and enjoyment on classic because you failed in retail stop trying to “Fix” things players don’t want fixed and focus on the things they are asking you to fix

5 Likes

bump fix king gordok and cho’rush please
its not just with eyes of the beast, when you hit cho’rush king gordok comes to attack you and vice versa

1 Like

bump revert this or fix tribute

2 Likes

The odd behavior on King Gordok and Cho Rush happens even without ever using Eyes of the Beast tho.

Before the fix the fight behaved like in the 2006 hunter vs world 4 video, you could shoot the King (get aggro from him) and have Cho Rush still run to your pet. Now if you hit one boss both aggro on you.

The fight is still doable but its not the original version of the fight.

3 Likes

I can also confirm that prior to this bug fix Gordok and Cho’rush never had any “weird” behavior. Using eyes of the beast or not there was 100% consistency on how they interacted with you and your pet as far as aggro. Please look into how this change may have affected that interaction because I really don’t think it’s tied to eyes of the beast. Also as someone who logged innumerable hours into vanilla I naturally have been pulling quest mobs such as Caliph Scorpidsting away from his pack and letting them reset as i kill caliph because that’s how I remembered being able to do things in Vanilla. Unless my memory is incorrect I really do think this is a bug fix that was never actually implemented in Vanilla whether or not things were acting as intended. Also this bug fix seems to be very far reaching in its affects as even the pirates for the Cuergo’s treasure quest in tanaris seem to now be tied to each other making that quest extremely difficult. I’m sure the original devs wanted mobs like Caliph to work like the fix but just because that may have been the intention doesn’t mean that’s how it actually was. Sometimes bugs are really just features. I think this is one of those cases where this bug was just a feature of Vanilla. At the very least the Gordok fight should be heavily looked at.

3 Likes

This has been super inconsistent. I don’t use eyes of the beast at all when doing the pull and it still bugs sometimes. It’s something weird with aggro now, I’ve seen them aggro me when I switch aspects.

1 Like

bump again

lol this leash mechanic change. trying to level a melee alt is painful. you can’t split mobs from camps anymore. the entire camp will just chase you out of the zone now instead of resetting

2 Likes

WHY was this change added when it was NEVER an issue to begin with?
Where’s the bug report or Forum topic?

You’ve essentially made it far more difficult for all melee classes to kill mobs that are near others/grouped.

What kind of moronic nonsense is this?

2 Likes