Bug or Sabotage? Infernals non-aggressive and despawn in seconds

What the hell? Even if it is a bug, how do you botch something like that that badly? If this isn’t a bug, I will legitimately quit.

As will I.

Yeah, what? This absolutely reads like someone didn’t even bother to understand your question.

I’m gonna report it as a bug too. This is silly.

2 Likes

I’ll be sure to update you on the next response. I couldn’t have been more clear the 2nd time around.

Let the Infernals be free!

2 Likes

UPDATE: 2nd response from GM

"Hey there Alleymonkey, Game Master Mhaedarnoe here! Thanks for taking the time to contact me with your issue, I know your time is valuable.

I understand you still had some concerns regarding how your infernal was acting after you released control of it.

I did some more digging into this to see what I could find out. I was able to find some posts on the forums that seem to support what you’re saying here. However, I never actually played a Warlock back in Vanilla and only really remember how Druids played.

I can’t find anything official that supports what you mentioned here to be able to say for a fact if this is working properly or not. However, I do know that the Developers were intending to create the genuine Classic experience and everything should be working the way it did before with just a few Quality of Life changes. The best thing to do in this case would be to submit a bug report in-game after you try what you mentioned. That way, the report captures logs of your character and it’s surroundings at the time and the Developers can look into this further and make sure everything is working properly.

To report a bug in-game:

1. Click Help to open the Customer Support window.
  2. Click Submit bug.
  3. Enter the details of the bug, making sure to follow the guidelines outlined on the submission form.
  4. Click submit.

Thanks again for contacting me with your issue! If you encounter anything else we may be able to assist you with, please feel free to give us a shout!"

So this is a small issue to the larger majority that the play the game. If we want to get the attention of the Devs, we need a lot of people to submit bug reports. I’ve already had everyone I know submit bug reports but we certainly need as many people as we can get. We all know that this is not working even close to how it was working back in Vanilla and hopefully it gets resolved before I give up hope, unsubscribe, and go back to private servers where things worked correctly.

6 Likes

I feel this is probably a ‘modern reality’ support-related change with Blizzard having a smaller support GM team handling WoW. Like loot trading in raids and RCR, this change probably belong to the same category.

As fun as the chaos cause by the loose infernals were back then, each time it happens, it also generated alot of support tickets that tied up alot of GM support resources unnecessarily.

While they’re at it, please set Intimatiding Shout for Warriors to hit everyone in the AE effect radius. I’d like the things that got nerfed in Vanilla un-nerfed too.

Oh wait… I mean IT WAS ALWAYS THIS WAY. #nochanges.

Blizzard not wanting to spend a little extra money to provide support for a game people pay for is not a reason to remove content that existed in the version they are trying to recreate.

1 Like

Hopefully it’s a bug that gets addressed. If it was a deliberate change…that would be very, very bad.

I didn’t like the way they handled the ‘testing’ of the game in the first place. And they stopped the closed beta at level 40, after we already knew their in-house testing was…sub-par, to put it nicely.

One of my earliest memories of WoW was watching my dad play, and he was standing in the SW AH and someone let an Infernal loose. The ensuing chaos was great. :smiley: All the level 60s in the area went wailing on it.

I do hope Blizz fixes this. And soon.

I spent so much time messing around with the infernals. This absolultely has to be a bug. No way they’d purposely remove their damaging AoE and ruin probably the biggest warlock flavor of all classic.

Serious concern if its intentional. Think of the countless other fun activities removed for the sake of, well, removing fun!

3 Likes

My sole reasoning to level a warlock would be to drop demons on people, glad I chose otherwise if this is the case.

Probably Activision just catering to casuals. They have proven they are willing to cater to other special interest groups (streamers) by putting in layering and increased dungeon raid XP (now nerfed that most streamers have got ahead of the zerg).

1 Like

I’m going to keep posting here to draw as much attention to this as I can.

What a (naughty word) shame! I never got to get to max level in Vanilla and was really looking forward to this. I get that they want quality of life changes, but this ruins the coolest aspects of the class. Why summon this now? What’s stopping a group in a bg from saying “just ignore it, will despawn”

Guessing this applies to the Doomguard too?

Gotta put on those kiddy gloves for this generations players.

1 Like

Yes, I tested it with curse of doom multiple times.

Nah dudes, this HAS to be a bug otherwise F classic, I have tolerates a lot of BS already like the layering garbage, if this is a CHANGE, I’m leaving to a private server.

Fix the Infernal, back to the top!

I opened a third ticket to request the GM put the bug report in themselves, they have more pull. I will update you when I get an answer.

1 Like