Bug Encountered during Torghast

Level 17 and found out about the stun bug… so much time waisted in this torgast run.

1 Like

Pretty much the exact same thing just happened to me in the last hour. I’m a feral Worgen druid with Night Fae. I Was in Twisting Corridors, doing my thing, looking for Anduin clues when I got cocky and bit off a bigger trash mob than I could chew. Podtender popped, mob smashed it, I died. Rezzed at the entrance as one would, and there I was stuck. Couldn’t move, shape shift, not even eat. Oddly enough, the only thing that would work was freaking Barkskin. Waited for the Podtender CD to finish, still nothing. Relogged, same thing. Took to Google, found this forum, took the advice, used the stuck character thing… several errors on Blizzard’s end and boom, finally I was in Westfall… still stunned. No one I knew was online so I put out a call for help in general chat, and thankfully someone was nice enough to jump on their level 60 character and come all the way to Westfall to kill me in a duel in the hopes that it would unstuck me. And sure enough that worked. Of all the stupid bugs I’ve seen over the years, this one takes a good sized slice of the cake for me.

1 Like

Lvl 3 floor 14 and YOU CAN’T DO THAT WHILE STUNNED. Well played blizz !

Just happened to me floor 13 of twisting corridors, can’t believe over a month later this isn’t fixed. Come on Blizzard.

1 Like

This just happened to me as well. Guardian Druid with Dreamweaver, Layer 2, Floor 17 of Twisting Corridors.

Edit: I don’t know if this was dumb luck, or what, but I waited until the Podtender debuff faded, logged out, logged into a different character for no more than 2 or 3 minutes, then back to my stuck Druid, and it was fixed. Maybe it will work for someone else; it’s worth a try, if nothing else.

1 Like

It broke me too during the Auduin quest - I hit the wall really. ALll that work, killed the last boss, but the podtender killed me and cost me my last life

This really is a terrible bug. Same basic circumstances for me as everyone else. Barkskin was the only ability that I seemed able to use. I waited out the timer on podtender and tried exiting and coming back in to no avail. I was in reach of the Torghast exit door and tried that. Still frozen but now on the outside of the door leading into the Twisting Corridors. Couldn’t duel to test that out as you get the same error message about not being able to do anything.
Finally used character unstuck service and that did work for me. Hopefully podtender can be fixed if we are going to be using it for the whole xpac.

I wanted to add this to my ticket:

OK THEORY:

On Tuesday night there were multiple instances of lag and I DC’d 4X times

The third or fourth DC the game drastically changed in difficulty and I stopped being able to find Anduin’s quest items to finish and return to Bolvar.

In my tired state I pressed on and I am PRETTY SURE Torghast had reset itself to normal Twisting and I proceeded to climb multiple levels with no quest item or completion avaialbe. Thus why it seemed so endless and impossible.

So today I tried again - quest item was on the first boss. It was easy as it was when I got the first parts of the quest before the instance reset due to the many DCs.

So Torghast is having trouble keeping up with “remembering” our character status, location, and the state of its own generated instances.

Had the same issue occur. Resto Druid / Night Fae / killed while reviving with Podtender on floor 14 layer 1. Respawned to a perma stun.

I managed to get unstunned by waiting the 10minutes for podtender debuff to go away, logged onto a different char, then swapped back the druid and the stun was gone.

Made the same mistake again and died not 2 minutes later and here I am, perma stunned again…

Blizzard, please do something about this.

Thx Blizzard,
Respawned to a perma stun after 1st death at layer 3 and 17th floor. Thanks for stole more tham 1 hour of my life. "Nothing to solve, just lose your time doing that ".

1 Like

So I had this happen. Boomkin, Podtender, to no surprise. Floor 17, Layer 1 of Torg.
Stunned. Googled immediately and came here. Got up - dinner, (pasta ;), wine)…> Came back… Prob 20 mins??. Still stuck. Logged out, logged in onto another character, logged off that character… And boom, Kin was back up and goin @ floor 17 :D… Unstuck!

2 Likes

Yes this is the solution! thanks.

Log out, log into a different character then switch back to the stuck character

Same just happened to me on floor 16 in twisting corridors layer 4. this screwed my run up completely. ridiculous it hasn’t been fixed yet.

YOU CAN SAVE YOUR TORGHAST RUN!

When this happens, wait until 5 minutes after the debuff clears at the floor entrance, then alt +F4 the game, wait another minute or two, log back in.
SAVED on floor 16, I can walk again and I was able to finish my run.

Having this problem as well on my resto +1

+1 for log into another character then log back in, worked for me and I didn’t lose my run

1 Like

Podtender did it to me as well, died to the perma-stun and i rezzed with it still on me. I had the super jump anima cell that worked even though i was stunned, i waited for the debuff to wear off (which felt risky incase the pod bugged again) and i managed to jump to enemies who were luckily straight ahead of the entrance who killed me again. Rezzed this time fully cured. If you have a way of getting yourself killed while stunned you may just be able to keep progressing. GL

Just posting to say this is still happening, two months after the original post. Just happened to me. Floor 5 of Upper Reaches. Same circumstances as everyone else. Trying to wait off the Podtender debuff and log back and forth to see if it helps but really shouldn’t have to jump through hoops like this.

Edit: Logging out, jumping to a different toon, and logging back in worked, however I died again and was stunned again. I did the same thing without waiting the buff out and was able to move again. Died once more (I suck with Elites) and was NOT stunned. There’s a disag of some sort with Podtender itself (not the debuff) that needs to be looked at.

Just happened to me too.

just happened to me, logging to another toon and back worked to fix