Buff Priests in PvE

PvE priests haven’t had fun this whole expansion. End the hpal meta and buff all priest specs please. These set bonuses are looking comparatively weak.

Disc priest has been meta throughout all expansion too.
They mostly need to buff holy priest.

1 Like

In pve, discipline priest is mediocre if the player is very skilled and terrible otherwise, I think that it’s okay to have a very high skill ceiling class but the healing should have a higher ceiling as well. Holy priest needs a lot of help to be viable in the raid.

In any case, priests have 2 healing specs, you’d think that one of them would be good.

This just sounds like regurgitated nonsense tbh.

You don’t have a problem with more hpals killing mythic raid bosses than both priest heal specs combined? Or there being 11x as many rshams as discs and 6x as many as holy priests in 20+ dungeons?

There’s no point going further with that discussion because not being part of the meta doesn’t mean a spec isn’t good.

Which btw, as mentioned above, disc has been meta in mythic raids for 2 expansions now.

But I’m sure you’ll find another goal post to plant to inaccurately quantify their viability.

With a 221 ilvl I feel VERY strong in all SL content. I don’t even have Shadow talents or conduits and delete anything in front of me. So I’m not understanding what buff we need. That’s not even mentioning how scary my sustain and dps can be in just Holy form. Unless this post is specifically talking about dungeons and raids…which they did not say that and are on a lvl 30 something different class so I am confused.

Well good news, Holy Priests are getting a flat 10% buff to all healing, 15% buff to all damage, and a lot of the abilities are being buffed as well. Your prayers have been answered.

1 Like

So do you feel like you were wrong? Since priests are getting buffed now, obviously the spec isn’t good. Everytime someone asks to buff priests there’s always someone whos like “no disc is meta its good” then comes the big words “But I’m sure you’ll find another goal post to plant to inaccurately quantify their viability.”
Like just admit it man, priests are crap atm, yeah the best priests can make it work, but still crap.

1 Like

No.

One spec is getting buffed.

Nah they’re really not.

I don’t think disc is terrible right now, but it would be nice if we were the top dps healers. Atonement is our signature healing ability and it’s entirely based on damage. Discipline is known as a healer who heals through damage.

I’m mostly running 16 to 19 keys. I have to work so hard to break 4k dps. I check logs and see shaman and holy paladins are breaking 5k or 6k in the same dungeons. Why are shaman who have lust, totems, pets, reincarn, and travel forms also getting top dps and heals? Why do paladins with plate armor and bubble get second place. Disc, the spec based around healing through damage, is third and has arguably less survival mechanism. It’s seems kinda lame honestly.

1 Like

Holy Priest buffs totally merited, I’m excited for this character to finally be relevant in pve! Or at least lessen the gap a little bit. I admit I don’t play this character that much, but holy felt awful in dungeons which is why I never took her to 20s (or even a 3 rofl). I played 100 games with her in arena and holy feels pretty good in that department. Hopefully it can compete with resto druids next patch.