Hello! Long-time mage player here, since 2006. Not that it matters, but I have seen the ebb and flow of mage evolution/devolution of spells and abilities. Before I start, a few notables and more memorable spells/abilities:
- Living Bomb having no target limit and hitting like a massive truck (WoTLK)
- Frostfire Bolt being a frost/fire school, hitting hard and slowing!
- Arcane Blast being able to slow your targets
- Frost Bomb being able to be detonated by fireblast
- Deep Freeze hitting for massive damage on cc immune targets or stunning players
At any rate, sticking to the thread. One spell I would love to see buffed to epic proportions and another catastrophically nerfed:
Launch 5 waves of pure arcane energy missiles that critically hit your target. 5 charges, 15 second recharge.
Release a burst of frost magic that root you and everyone around you within 8 yards, for 8 seconds. Effect cannot be removed.
Yes. I was bored.