Buff Kill command

Kill command is undertuned it needs a fix

24 Likes

Honestly, I think about EVERY skill of BM hunter is undertuned atm.

22 Likes

This… I don’t think they realized how much BM was losing when Azerite went away. ALL of our power/scaling was due to our Azerite gear. Take all that away, AND throw in the 5% nerf, and gg… Everything just feels ‘blah’ now. And I love in Torghast when my Cobra Shot hits harder than my KC with 2x50%… makes me feel really powerful.

3 Likes

Kill Command should be stronger, but the reason Cobra Shot became top damage ability is because they buffed Cobra Shot to ensure that Arcane Shot became useless after unpruning. And then they didn’t change anything else since they thought the overal dps was ok after that. But it messes up the way the rotation is supposed to work when the filler hits almost as hard as the main spender. It also drops the contribution of mastery which is bad for gearing.

Don’t ask me why they wanted to give us Arcane Shot and then make it useless, but that’s exactly what happened. Arcane Shot was powerful during beta and a blue post literally said that was not intended.

4 Likes

how do u get bliz to take notice of that tho. KC is so under tuned its not even funny

2 Likes

They need to revert the “all damage abilities reduced by 5% except cobra shot and barbed shot” nerf that went live in the Shadowlands pre-patch. if they do that, BM won’t be in such bad shape. MM will still be better because of their front-loaded damage, but BM will be better than it is now.

4 Likes

Would also like to see bestial wrath off GCD like trueshot/CA are
it’s so clunky with how gcd locked bm is already

5 Likes

AotW is the equivalent of Trueshot and CA, so that one is off the GCD similar to those. Bestial Wrath is on the GCD still because it deals instant damage. I agree though, removing the instant damage and taking it off the GCD would be preferable.

And expansion or so ago it did good dmg… but was too powerful in PVP so they nerfed it to hit like a wet noodle and buffed our auto attacks.

Would like to see them buff the Instant damage from bestial wrath and make it aoe to all targets within beast cleave range that would add more aoe to our kit.

100% agree

I was in torghast and got the 50% buff to kill command as my first power. 50% more damage and it still felt like it was underpowered. That’s how underpowered it is. 50% would be a good start…along with a slight buff to mastery.

I dont mind being mid to bottom on the dps. As long as those classes are within a reasonable amount of each other. BM and SV are not within a reasonable amount to even the middle of the pack. 800-1000dps off top tier classes…

I don’t understand why it is so hard for them to balance every class and spec within 200 theoretical dps of each other…simcraft alone will tell you how. And that’s not even with having developer tools. Sad

4 Likes

they just super lazy

1 Like

This would be a nice start, but it probably could use a damage buff across the board. And wishful thinking, but cut the pet res time down by 1.5 seconds at least.

2 Likes

After years of playing this game the answer is: those who make the most noise get the most attention. Historically those specs that started a riot over how bad they were got the most in terms of fixes.

2 Likes

Someone has to be at the bottom of the totem pole. It just by chance that BM is at that spot.

Being at the bottom and being viable are two different things. Right now the gap is just too big.

6 Likes

Won’t hold my breath on a buff anytime soon. You can alway reroll to MM if you think that will help with your performance.

Aoe is so bad of a playstyle for bm. Why advocate for that. Aoe literally breaks our traps and u are advocating for more of it. Make it a full single target spec again. With pure dps for single target. Stomp damage increased but now only does single target damage. Our single target should be what. Is based on as it was that way all the way back to vanilla and bc. Aoe is bad design for a burst spec

It’s not a matter of laziness.

There is (and has always been) a community perception by people who don’t play Hunters that a BM Hunter sends their pet to attack and an AI does everything after that. Demonology doesn’t have this issue because they are a summoner and have to actively summon new demons on a regular basis. Unholy doesn’t have this issue because the DK is still hitting you in the face.

Never mind that Kill Command is an active ability cast by the Hunter, people don’t care, they see that a big red pet crit them for a decent chunk of damage and then rage about how BM is OP and they don’t even have to do anything.

If Blizzard buffs BM to deal respectable damage, the unranked PvP community cries that BM is OP. This has happened every expansion since BC.

1 Like