Brood of Nozdormu Ring quest with no confirmation

I was starting the long quest chain for the healing dagger after turning in my Broodlord Head and i thought i was accepting the quest for the 3 shards i needed from Anachronos and was just going to accept all of the quests, but i completed the ring quest for the tank ring. I opened a ticket to get this reversed and was contacted back saying the dev team will not alloow customer service reps to exchange quest items or even restart the quest. I get that for like ony/nef/rend head quests since they can only be completed 1 time. This is a rep ring that you can only choose once and there is no confirmation as to what item you are choosing. Change this and let me restart this quest to get a non tanking ring for my shaman.

Unfortunately dude they won’t reverse this. You done F’d up.

Bad news is you made a mistake and they absolutely wont exchange quest rewards.

Good news is at Exalted he will offer a quest that will allow you to change rings, at a cost
https://classic.wowhead.com/quest=8766/the-changing-of-paths-conqueror-no-more

2 Likes

Choices have consequences. Pay attention next time.

2 Likes

I made the exact mistake in vanilla. They wont change the ring. HOWEVER, at exalted there is a quest to swap your rings.

This makes no sense the dev team won’t let customer service do customer service things it’s not like i did a chain quest and took1 reward used it and now i wanna try another. Totally malding rn

At exalted you can change the ring. Case closed, pay attention next time.

It’s been policy forever and ever. Consider yourself lucky. There are warriors out there who boned their character for 5 phases by not picking flask. You at least have alternatives now and can even swap it eventually.

bright side is the ring isnt very good for healers anyway so nothing of value was lost

You mean, aside from clicking on the chosen item, which is all the “confirmation” that any quest ever gives.

You may have to delete your character and start over.

Or

Stay the course and right the wrong. Very rare you’re given a second chance.

1 Like

Good news is, once you hit a certain rep you can actually exchange the ring so yeah. You’re not totally screwed.

Customer Support will be unable to:

• Swap quest rewards

It is really frustrating that they won’t do this for people. Seems like it would be easy. They could probably even automate it like item restoration these days.

They already automated it. At Exalted you can trade the ring plus some scarabs for the ring you wanted.

I got to Neutral with the 10 hour war, I’ve done 3 AQ40 runs (killed all but Viscidus first week) and I’m already at 6000/21000 Revered.

If you only get your rep from running AQ40 it’s going to take quite a while. I highly recommend farming the first trash pack with your guild or in a PuG after raid reset until 2999/3000 Neutral.

Be careful that you don’t use addons that auto complete quests.