Broken Quest, GM ignored problem

My friend is trying to finish her epic flying quest line on her druid and ran into a bug. Between “The Falcons Essence” and “The Hawks Essence” my friend experienced a bug. The quest giver for “The Hawks Essence” flew away before she could accept the next part of the chain. She also no longer has the item she needs and cannot go back in get it because the game thanks she is passed that point of her quest line. So, lets review all of how we got here. Leveled to 70, farmed 5k gold to buy epic flying, spent that 5k, and with all that time invested…This is the response she was given…

“Game Master Ixzal here and sorry about these situation with those quests. We aren’t able to assist with these types of quest issues, so if you run into problems like this it would be best to report these issues as bugs on the WoW forms. In the mean time try asking other players for suggestions and work arounds. Best wishes!”

Is this a real answer? Maybe I’m missing something but the way this response comes across to me is, “Hey we know you spent hours getting to the point you could even achieve epic flight and its our game that broke, but sorry kid not our problem. Maybe ask some other players to help ya!” I have to be missing something here, right?

It seems like a simple enough fix, Just add the quest to her log and let her move on…

Her ticket number is USB1839012 if a GM is available to help!

Update: A GM put the item she needed in her bag. She has completed the quest

14 Likes

LOL GMs have not been helpful in this game in over a decade. Good luck to your friend.

9 Likes

Submit it again

4 Likes

Hmm… i think she can hang around until another druid on the quest comes by and use their NPC. Also try going back to the NPC who starts the whole essences.

2 Likes

Grats on the Quest!!

Laughing….

1 Like

Check wowhead I think there was a post about deleting the item that increases travel form speed and then drop the quest.

The bug was around back in original tbc and I remember reading the comments when I was researching the quest chain.

If I’m wrong I’m sorry and resubmit the ticket.

Hard to believe people still defend Blizzard’s garbage support these days.

4 Likes

Can’t you abandon the quest and re-take it for the item? Or look out for another druid on the same quest? If not any of these, just spam tickets to them until it’s solved and given.

Same issue here.

After completing “Falcon’s Essence”, my “Arthorn’s Sparrowhawk Whistle” disappeared from my inventory, and even though I have the possibility to retrieve the item from the NPC, I can’t get it, I click to retrieve but it doesn’t reappear.

I already sent a ticket and received an automatic response hours later, and no solution was effective.

What you can see is that a problem as specific as this one is not getting proper attention from support. Which is very bad on the part of the customer support service.

Does anyone have an update on this? Same thing happened to my druid… I’m starting to feel boned. Got an auto-generated response… hoping i can get some help :frowning: .

I have no quest to delete/abandon so no way to restart the quest. Bird de-spawned before i could grab the follow up quest for the Hawk’s Essence (final essence quest). When i go back to the lady in blade’s edge to get a replacement… she does nothing (does have the dialogue to get a replacement but i don’t receive one)… i have rest my ui, disabled addons, logged back in and out… zoned in and out… came back hours later… nothing.

sadge. rip 5k? hopefully y’all have some answers.

No ‘rip’ 5k. If you bothered to read the original post you’d see it was updated to say a gm put the quest item in their bag so they could continue/complete.

1 Like

i did read the original post and have yet to have a GM place it in my bag. so maybe in a few weeks to month ill see something. thanks tho sir!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.