Broken Macro Bug?

#showtooltip Wild Spirits
/cast [@cursor] Wild Spirits

does not cast at cursor macro use to work?

Should work.

It’s because Wild Spirits is a Night Fae covenant ability. There’s a similar issue with all the other covenant abilities that in order to macro it you need to include the covenant in brackets beside it.

#showtooltip
/cast [@cursor] Wild Spirits(Night Fae)

Or something to that effect. If you were to open up your spell book and shift+click the spell it would fill it in as necessary to cast.

When you say “all the other covenant abilities”, does/did that include the Venthyr Door of Shadows too? It seems to work without the (Venthyr) and my hope is that this has been hotfixed for other covenant abilities too.

All I know is that having gone from Venthyr to Kyrian they require the (covenant) to work. Maybe not door of shadows, though, don’t remember.

1 Like

I haven’t run into issues with any of the following macros:

#showtooltip
/cast [mod,@cursor,combat] [mod] Door of Shadows; [@mouseover,harm,nodead] [] Mindgames
#showtooltip
/cast [mod,combat] Phial of Serenity
/cast [mod] Summon Steward; [@mouseover,exists,nodead] [] Divine Toll
#showtooltip
/cast [form:7] [mod] Soulshape; Convoke the Spirits
#showtooltip
/cast [form] [mod] Soulshape; [@mouseover,harm,nodead] [] Soul Rot
#showtooltip
/cast [mod] Fleshcraft; [@mouseover,exists,nodead] [] Primordial Wave
#showtooltip
/cast [mod] Fleshcraft; Abomination Limb
#showtooltip
/cast [form] [mod] Soulshape; Shifting Power

Haven’t finished leveling my Hunter yet (or gotten to the Night Fae) so it’s still using

#showtooltip
/cast [mod,@mouseover,exists,nodead] [mod,@cursor,combat] [mod] Signature Ability; [@mouseover,exists,nodead] [@cursor,combat] [] Covenant Ability
1 Like

Thanks Kaol and Elvenbane. I’m wrapping up an addon to do the targeting-ground-on-key-up bit and was worried about these ground-targeted covenant spells. I may just add the covenant subtext on the spells just to be safe.

1 Like