Broken addons?

The universe has not changed

Threat Plates updated now and seems to be working fine.

1 Like

I Very much miss a working, official MSBT :dracthyr_cry_animated:

2 Likes

Yes, but I donā€™t need them. They were just cosmetic, anyway. And, the one addon that did break that was ā€œhelpfulā€ in some capacity, I already know/can use WoWhead, instead of it being in my UI. The rest of my addons still work fine.

I update my addons, manually, so I only update them once a month. But, Blizz is constantly doing maintenance, that Iā€™m just waiting for them to be done before updating my addons, again. Iā€™m doing light things until then.

recount is useless.

1 Like

I get that but the one I posted the GitHub link for works perfectly until an official update is releasedā€¦ if it is. :person_gesturing_no:

Yeah, I think the Scrap addon broke for me. I keep getting a Lua error about itā€“And I can either reload UI or close the window, yet reloading didnā€™t do anythingā€¦ :dracthyr_shrug::dracthyr_cry:

Same for HandyNotes.
I already updated as many as able/were ready after the patch.

Probably gotta disable every addon I have bc it seems most are causing a error, for now. Unfortunately.

Hope itā€™ll all be fixed soon! :dracthyr_love_animated:

This is typical. I check Curseforge every day for updates.

1 Like

I always open the CurseForge app before logging into the game.

Looks like ScrollingCombatText (SCT) is broken for good. Itā€™s been abandoned for years as it is, people would come in and tweak it as it broke with the last few expansions. But this is too much of a rework, Iā€™m not holding my breath. I installed MSBT for now (thank you for the GitHub link) but man, this just sucks.

:wave: Github Hyphie here, I did put out a message to the official MSBT maintainer & author to try to get an update pushed, but nothing from them as of yet.

I did make a release on the git to make it easier to download and install for those who donā€™t use GitHub regularly, just download the zip file and extract :smiley:

Itā€™s pretty typical for addons to break after big maintenance patches. The addon makers are only human and most tend to update them the day after the patch. Best to disable addons if youā€™re going to play on patch day.

Also, to note, Opie hard breaks my game if I try to use it and itā€™s not been updated lmao always forgot so now I just disable my addons until the next day or two.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Addons breaking after/during new expac pre-release is pretty normal. It takes a while for the folks designing them to catch up to all of the under the hood changes made to the game with the big patch changes and new expac content releases.

Also something to keep in mind, TWW has more general UI and base game functionality changes than pretty much any other expac weā€™ve had before.

I donā€™t think any of the bag addons has yet to be updated to handle the warbank yet for example.

The addons being broken is now, as it always has been, a matter of waiting for them to get updated or someone to design a better functioning one for the way things work after the changes/updates.