Broken addons?

i will say that cooked is fine but raw i just can not stand.

2 Likes

OK I agree with that. Iā€™m the same way with tomatoesā€¦ cooked in something fine raw PASS. And lettice AKA crunchy water NEVER. :face_vomiting:

and not just cooked lightly either, caramelized please. I really donā€™t like biting into a dish with still hard onions.

1 Like

Yes agree 100%.

More likely they change the addon API because they use the same subroutines and they need to change what they do to implement new functionality.

Most likely if you wait a bit, who ever wrote the addon will fix it.

Yeah all of my addons are broke. Quality of life addons, performance addons, all of them except for Details are broke for me

2 Likes

Todayā€™s update broke a lot more than addons :rofl:

1 Like

Blizz finally removed depreciated API

Catching Looks addon is updated and working though!

Itā€™s still very near the top of the list when sorting addons by downloads, just because of the sheer amount of use it saw during the gameā€™s growth and peak.

Which means people who donā€™t know better are still going to run into it.
(That and people who played over a decade ago and refuse to change)

2 Likes

Very true. I havenā€™t used Recount in 10+ years.

Itā€™s simpler/lighter than some other dps addons.

1 Like

Thoughts and prayers.

Every expansion we go through this. How does this still surprise anyone?

Simpler maybe but itā€™s a resource hog and not as accurate as Details and I 'm going to guess not updated nearly as often.

Very unusual. These are the things that should have been (and have in the past) pushed with the patch ā€œ2 weeks agoā€ that was supposed to cover all new mechanics. This was supposed to be just balancing and lead in quests. Add-on authors need time to update. Shouldnā€™t have to update this close to launch.

4 Likes

If Iā€™m raiding, I use Details. For just an alt that Iā€™m messing around on all I care about is knowing that Iā€™m at or above the 50th percentile in dps. Iā€™ve found it to use fewer resources than Details.

Same, Threat Plates and Mikā€™s Scrolling Battle Text just arenā€™t there.

1 Like

Threat Plates is updated now. The maintainer of MSBT hasnā€™t done any updates since last December but there is a fixed and working version on GitHub.

Thereā€™s something wrong with my DPS meter. Iā€™m always down near the bottom regardless of how fast I spam fireball.

3 Likes

Was able to update a couple a little while ago. Z pearl my fav is still broken :frowning_face: Creator of that addon has always been kind of slow with updates though. Probably being through all this again in a couple weeks :popcorn: