BrM DPS problems

I’ve made the switch from my prot pal to BrM to help smooth out spikey damage my paladin takes to make it easier for healers as I pug a lot.

My DPS as BrM is terrible and I can’t work out why. I follow the pretty standard rotation and put in crane for AoE situations but I barely break 2.4k at nearly 260ilvl. Am I missing something simple?

I mean no one can tell you if/what you’re doing wrong without seeing things firsthand. Like are you doing 2.4k single target or aoe. Are you pulling 3 mobs or 6. How are you using Niuzao, proper talents, conduits, etc…

But yes you’re clearly doing something wrong lol

2.4k single target. AoE situations varies obviously. Usually sit around the 5-6k mark without using Niuzao/weapons of order.

https://www.twitch.tv/equinox

Check him out, one of the best brews I know of for PVE. Can learn from him better through his vods.

4 Likes

you’re at 61 renown so I’m guessing your conduits are fairly low. getting those up will help some. your weapon is 252 which doesn’t help a ton and one of your trinkets is pretty awful. are you using consumables?

the biggest thing i would guess is you’re probably not using keg smash enough. you’re also not going to get much mileage out of Dave in low keys… you’re just not taking enough damage.

nf is very nice this week with fortified keeping trash packs alive longer.

and yes, check out everything from equinox!

Yeah I’ll definitely check him out.
I was running necro but switche dto Kyrian. Kyrian’s fully unlocked from my Paladin. HAvent’ picked up many improved conduits, but they’re there. I’m taking stacks of damage, been using Dave and Shiny Dave pretty much on cooldown on big packs. Keg smash on cooldown and 2-3 tiger paws inbetween as well as cranes. Idfk, maybe it’s just not a fit for me. Struggled with WW too as tab targetting to put on debuffs before DPSing was doing my head in, lol.

that sounds like a lot – tp is probably your lowest priority… only if bok is already on cd and you can spare the energy

are you using RJW? it’s a decent dps boost especially in aoe. you can get close to 100% uptime on it usually.

Yes I tend to think this is the issue. Keg Smash is legit top priority unless you’re deep into red stagger which brew is off GCD anyway. His stats distro, talents, etc are good enough. It’s definitely rotational. To give the OP an idea, in 15’s I finish around 10k dps overall. Yes my ilevel is a bit higher but 10 ilevels =/= 150% more damage. They do have the 4 piece which is a huge dps increase.

Thank you for those who said it was keg smash. I was witholding it instead of hitting it on cool down. I also dropped RJW for special delivery so it was less to focus on (short cool down was putting me off) and I jumped from 2.4k to nearly 6k and AOE up into the 12s. More with Dave and Kyrian.
Smashed through a 12 with the healer barely doing anything more than DPSing.

Thanks again. Now I’m confident to roll off some edges.

2 Likes

Are you running Bron tree?

Here is my breakdown from my 19 key just now.
https://imgur.com/a/T1hp30o
9.7k overall dps.
Keg and Jade are being the highest. Some of my AoE burst is like 25k dps.

You need to pick up Jade Wind talent.

When you dive into a pack her is what I do.

1. Prebuff Jade wind then dive in.
  2. Spin a little to get aggro.
  3. x1 Keg
  4. Weapons of Order
  5. Double keg + Fire breath.
  6. Spin to win + Jade uptime 100%.

I honestly RARELY use Tiger Palm. I have it talented, so I only really use it on single target. People saw Chi Wave is the best pick for keys, but it adds another button lol.

You never want to use Weapons of Order AND Niuzao at the same time. But rotating them, I have them almost every pull. Almost. Stomp conduit is A MUST-HAVE.

I’m most certainly not the best BM out there. I started BM 2 weeks before 9.2 lol.
My prot paladin and Bear do end up doing higher damage. BM is the lowest damage output tank. Even warriors can do better. This week is especially rough due to needed kiting.

Been really good now that I’ve been hitting keg on cool down. Much less stress than Prot Pal. Even tanked heroic raid bosses for the guild and was pretty cruisey. I tend to use the second talent on the first row. Try to keep it on cool down for extra DPS. Might try wave but I don’t hit tiger palm that often unless I’m close to energy cap.

1 Like

Whole first row is good. I generally just play Eye if I’m lazy, otherwise chi burst with night fae. But all are good.

This might be an area of improvement.

Tiger Palm > SCK as filler because it reduces brew cooldowns, unless (A) the content is so trivial you don’t need faster cooldowns or (B) you are struggling with threat or beginning a pull where extra threat is good to have.

Eye of the Tiger and Chi Wave sim very close, so if you aren’t really aggressive about CW on cooldown and aren’t using it for NF resets then it’s extra work for no real payoff.