Bring Twitch Drops into Classic

We Classic players have no way to get all the awesome TCG items that Retail players can get for free right now. I feel like they should try at least one Twitch Drop event for WotLK.

They should probably focus more on incentivizing playing the game rather than “watching” people play it.

3 Likes

so you want the team that can’t/refuses to fix things like wild growth, DRW, and botting to code and design the same item for two different games?

Also, twitch streamers have done enough to classic already lets not encourage them to all come back.

2 Likes

Are there awesome TCG items that Retail players can get for free right now?

I wish when people posted things on the forums that reference other things, they would just link to them.

Many TCG items are already in WotLK. In fact, with AtlasLoot, you can link them in chat despite the fact there’s no way to get them yet.

1 Like

I’ll never understand the mentality of people that watch Twitch. Are they that bad at a game that they need to live vicariously through someone they will never meet or know? I’d rather there be in game events with a small possibility for them to drop individually (not as a group drop).

1 Like

I’d definitely be open to something other than Twitch Drops, I only made this thread focused on Twitch since that’s definitely the easiest way Blizzard can get the TCG items into Classic (we’re all familiar with how competent they are)

1 Like

That would be a waste of time. the only point is to promote dragonflight.

Classic doesn’t need it because classic is not permanent, your classic characters will be gone after classic era is finished and they do som freshes.

from a marketing standpoint it doesn’t make sense, some of you don’t use your brain

1 Like

Not sure why you would wonder…twitch didnt exist in Vanilla so why would you expect current content in a classic game…but then they havw already deviated in the case of Death Knight and you see 120K got banned…

It’s just like watching sports, watching movies, tv shows, etc. It’s a form of entertainment that people like. You can use it to watch a game you thought about buying but wasn’t sure, to use it to learn how to play a game, or just hang out with them as some are very interactive with their viewers.

I used to have a friend that loved watching me play games which I love playing games more than watching back in the day and this wasn’t even through twitch.

1 Like

Twitch didnt exist when TCG was a thing which is where these mounts and items come from

I guess I can understand that. It would explain how these “game celebrities” are born and worshiped.

That I totally get, but why are TGC things gated behind streaming someone that many people playing don’t give a damn about. Everyone will just put it on in the background and tab out for the reward. There is no gain for Blizz, only the inconsequential streamer.

Haha! Back in the days of the first Nintendo, my mom would watch me play and jump from the sofa every time I would jump in game or when she thought I should jump. She killed me so many times from that!

I am technologically challenged so I don’t know how to do a reply for each one but I’ve never understood the worship of celebrities/athletes in general but, as long as it doesn’t turn into an obsession where somebody gets hurt, I just let people go do their things.

The TGC things I also don’t understand as well but I am also the type of person who has probably thousands of rewards waiting for my in hearthstone that I just never open because it doesn’t give me any sort of increased power besides looking cool (and I am lazy and don’t feel like opening them all every time I log in to a game haha). I don’t think a Twitch drop for classic would really be benificial for the game besides what Tiamat said and Blizzard deems it a good marketing strategy which would increase their profits(which let’s face it, that’s what big companies are looking at for 90% of things is the marketing and increase profits).

Ha, thankfully, he never interferred because he wasn’t “good” (I wasn’t either but better) and he wanted to see more of the game so anytime we hung out, I was forced to play, which I didn’t mind.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.