Bring forth the Blue posts or it's a bust

I say this with all honesty. If you want to save your game get several blue posters in General discussion and in the community council asap. You NEED to show the community that they are being heard and are not talking to themselves! Taking to ourselves makes us toxic.

You cannot just sit back and observe, YOU MUST INTERACT! We need a dialog back and forth. Then back and forth again, several times. You ask questions and we give you feedback, then you ask more questions based on that feedback, then we give you more feedback!

See it’s simple. We can save you a boat load of money if you talk to us. We can make it so you don’t waste any development time on stuff that will fail.

Come back in Blue’s…it’s not safe but we will try and be gentle. But if you put it off any longer this will only get uglier.

But then again don’t…I’m only here cause I can’t log into FF14 right now.

7 Likes

I’ll give it until Jan 10th. Let them enjoy their holidays, but I want to see some dev watercooler-esque posts like the External Buffs post.

3 Likes

If it’s the Holidays holding the blues from posting, I’d say they started it up a bit too soon.

Should have waited until after the Holidays to open that section of the forums, but have people still being invited to the council.

If posts from Blizz still don’t happen much or at all after the Holidays put a surprise pikachu face on me.

1 Like
Yo, listen up here's a story About a little guy That lives in a blue world
2 Likes

I’m just one person who occasionally comes in here an hour a day and I manage to post 1000 times more then people who’s jobs involve occasionally doing it.

Not that hard Blue guy.

I’m doing it right now! Take it one button at a time…nice and slow.

Lmfao. Me too. I keep checking back to see if WoW improves or responds to anything. But it’s the same old lack of any thing remotely close to good customer service with this company.

2 Likes

they don’t NEED to do ANYTHING.

They’re reading some of it, no doubt. No one cares though about what we have to say or what we think, as long as they get our sub money, why would they? WoW is a cash cow and things like the mage tower just sell subs and tokens. People will buy the cat mount, dragon bundle, 6 month tmogs, whatever. Why do they have to interact with us. The game is not about quality or how us players experience it, only about monetization and squeezing every penny out of us at the sake of our enjoyment.

I’ll use this as one of many examples on the forums that no one cares about player feedback, not in the slightest. Things only change when it becomes dire for Blizzard and shareholders.

This is the demon hunter tier set thread for 9.2., where a lot of demon hunters gave feedback and thoughts about it and a blue post disregarded it all.

It becomes increasingly more difficult for Blizzard to do anything that will restore my faith in them. Some goodwill is what a lot of us need but lol. I won’t hold my breath.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/class-set-feedback-demon-hunter/1143954

I’ve put in some effort into my guides and posts on other social media. That External Buff post probably took a couple hours to write. Because its an official communication, you need to get approval to post it.

It’s not that simple :frowning:

When they do post, however, I’d like to see substance. It’s important to note that they aren’t paid to interface with the community, and not everyone is right for that sort of thing.

even the six headed flying cat-dragon mount. make it happen blizz!

Mr Scrooge, people tend to take holidays off to spend time with family

The blizzard devs are people too

I miss Xelnath, he actually talked to us.

Surprise-surprise, it was the best era of class balance when he did.

I don’t see how the devs interacting with us really changes anything. Like if someone was killing your dog and you were like please stop and they said “I hear you” but kept killing your dog, then that interaction didn’t really solve anything

I’d rather they just start making changes instead of wasting time talking to us

Why do people come to the GD forums and make posts like this? Sure, the game isn’t perfect and there is room for improvement but the the doomsday peddlers get old. There is this weird assumption that they speak for the masses.

The amount of the player base who looks at the forums, much less posts, is tiny. There are hundreds of thousands of people playing WoW but you see the same few dozen people posting and starting threads.

Exactly how would posting in these forums save the game?

Symbolic gesture at best. The actual game needs more than symbolic gestures.

The amount of people I’ve seen demanding blue posts on the Community Council is honestly getting out of hand.

1. The forum hasn’t been active for 2 weeks yet.
  2. Not all invites for the community council have gone out yet (last wave is in January)
  3. It’s the holiday season with Christmas literally next week.

If the Community Council had been active for lets say, 2 months, possibly 3, then I’d agree with you that more posts are needed. I’d give them some leeway for the holiday period, but I’d be expecting more posts. But it hasn’t been active for that long, not by a long shot. Right now, most of the developers are at home, celebrating the holidays with their family and they’re not going to be returning to work as usual until at least after January 5th.

CC wasn’t ever going to be anything like what people thought. Blues could have posted in this forum anytime they wanted, but don’t. No reason to believe they would on a new GD

Never come to GD on a Sunday though. That’s just asking for trouble.