Bring Back TBC Servers

Hey fellow WoW players,

I wanted to share something that’s been on my mind lately and see if anyone else feels the same way. With all the talk around Classic WoW and the different expansions, I can’t help but feel like there’s a huge gap in what we’ve been offered: TBC servers that are permanent and not progression-based.

When TBC Classic was released, I was beyond excited. I wanted to dive deep into every class and spec, really experience the game in its entirety. But the time we had just wasn’t enough. Between the rapid patch progression and everything else going on, I barely scratched the surface of what TBC had to offer. I put hundreds of hours into an Elemental Shaman only to realize it wasn’t for me, and by the time I wanted to invest in my Paladin, the clock was ticking down to WotLK. It was like trying to sprint through a marathon, and it left me feeling unsatisfied.

One of the things I love about Classic WoW is the sense of permanence. There’s something incredibly satisfying about knowing I can push a character all the way to full Tier 3, “beat” the game for that character, and then start fresh with a new race and class combo. It’s not about chasing the latest patch or fighting over BiS gear that’ll be obsolete in a few months. It’s about enjoying the journey, mastering the game at my own pace, and being part of a community that values the process over the end result.

Hardcore WoW has shown that a lot of players, like me, enjoy the process more than the progression. The hardcore and permanent server communities are some of the nicest, most helpful players I’ve encountered in WoW. It’s not about the next big thing; it’s about the experience and the community we build along the way.

That’s why I’m asking for Blizzard to bring back permanent TBC servers. Give us a space where we can take our time, explore every class and spec, and just enjoy the game without the pressure of moving on to the next expansion. It’s frustrating that the only way to do this now is by turning to private servers because the official options are so limited.

Blizzard, I thought we moved past the “You think you do, but you don’t” mentality years ago. When Classic WoW launched, it was proof that there’s a huge player base that loves these older versions of the game, not just for nostalgia, but because they offer a different kind of experience. Let’s keep that experience alive with permanent TBC servers.

If you feel the same way, let’s make our voices heard. Share your thoughts, share this post, and let’s show Blizzard that there’s a community here that wants to keep TBC alive.

Thanks for reading, and let’s make this happen!

For the Horde (or Alliance, I guess :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:),

• Bitblitz

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/1emea0x/bring_back_tbc_servers/

32 Likes

Its a shame the did not make TBC Era servers, I would have kept my horde characters there. Instead I went kicking into Wrath and quit after Uld because the rest of the expact is dumb and boring, and the amount of cheating in Wrath Arena is shockingly worse than Retail.

9 Likes

I would love some TBC era servers. I had so much fun playing through the expansion for the first time, but Wrath completely lost my interest. I ended up quitting toward the end of Ulduar.

8 Likes

Oh look, another “bring back tbc” post to add to the pile. Sure lets split up the player base even more and then have to deal with TBC players complaining there’s not enough people playing, then ask for a fresh server to fragment the population even more.

Oh look, another “I already have what I want so I’m gona send trash for what others wants”.

5 Likes

This is the same tired argument as “you think you do, but you don’t.” The issue isn’t about fragmenting the player base—it’s about players abandoning WoW because it’s not offering what they want. Many of us aren’t even touching WoW until TBC comes back. Sure, I’ll run around in Classic Era and play Hardcore because that content is truly timeless, but Cataclysm, SoD, and even WotLK Classic didn’t hold my interest.

The problem with the hype train is that it’s all about progression over process. Hardcore players enjoy the game at a natural pace, while other phased progression servers are just being min-maxed by players focused on speed runs, parses, and topping the charts. While that competitive rush appeals to some, it’s not the kind of experience I’m looking for.

In the original Classic, content was released at a much slower pace, and many players just want to settle into a specific patch, achieve their goals across multiple classes and specs, and enjoy the game. Instead, everyone’s stuck chasing their tails, fighting over loot that won’t even matter in a month. That’s not the community I want to be a part of.

Hardcore is so successful because it forces players to slow down and enjoy the process rather than injecting progression into their veins as fast as possible. Classic Era is thriving because people are still enjoying the raids and content without the rush. TBC deserves the same chance.

6 Likes

AFter all these SOD this SOD That and forced Changes we need a FRESH TBC SERVER !

8 Likes

Yes, we need TBC. I don’t understand why they removed the TBC and Wrath servers in the Classic version of the game but released Cataclysm. Does this mean that we won’t have TBC in the Classic version, but we’ll have Legion?

Does the person making these decisions even know what WoW is?

11 Likes

I keep thinking about a scene in the 1998 - 2006 version of Charmed, when everything is going wrong, and one of the characters says:

“Sabotage. I am being sabotaged.”

Exactly, how I feel.

5 Likes