Bring back Season of Mastery Characters and Classic Characters for Cloning

I’m just an average person. I don’t spend time predicting fads or staying up to date on streamers. I hardly know what my Blizzard launcher says because I’ve been conditioned to ignore it with all the flying animals and pets you can buy in retail. I feel like the cloning service was completely bungled. Disguised as unimportant, thousands of people overlooked it, or just didn’t understand it.

Now we are left with either, a hard lesson for the rest of our lives and a bitter memory, or Blizzard could be more accommodating to people who obviously need help when it comes to decisions like this. Without them reciprocating and giving clones back, they’ll traumatize their patrons.

Losing data is such a hard thing to experience in life. I’ve lost entire lap tops full of memories and work I created. Sadly, the one place in life where I thought my data would never be lost or stolen, was my World of Warcraft account. I am now going though the stages of real grief unexpectedly because I lost my clones. Everyone around me notices my pain, I can hardly hide how down I am.

Classic is obviously more important than any other stage of WoW to some people. I think that Blizzard should be more careful when it comes to handling Classic characters. Being over twenty years old, who knows if you’ll be able to find a decent raid next week or in a year? These characters are so valuable to us because they are time sensitive creations. Like limited edition, baseball cards.

I feel grief because classic won’t happen again. Neither will Season of Mastery. My characters were either deleted or transferred to Wrath servers. The only version of the game I care about and I don’t even have my characters there. I didn’t understand the cloning service could send you to a classic server. I thought my only choice was Wrath.

I did level a new character to 60 but the community I’ve found is hostile. No one cares about progression anymore. Probably because they feel depleted knowing they already did it but have nothing to show for it.

Blizzard, please restore classic characters they are more valuable than any other kind of character in WoW because it’s a dying game.

4 Likes

Pick a different realm

This spamming the forums with the same topic is so retail.

1 Like

Everyone was given the same information and opportunity to clone. Your prior ignorance and current desire doesn’t change the fact that this ship has sailed, and it’s not turning around to pick up those who failed to board on time.

Also

“Losing data is such a hard thing to experience in life. I’ve lost entire lap tops full of memories and work I created. Sadly, the one place in life where I thought my data would never be lost or stolen, was my World of Warcraft account. I am now going though the stages of real grief unexpectedly because I lost my clones. Everyone around me notices my pain, I can hardly hide how down I am.”

Seek help, this is not a normal reaction.

1 Like

I agree that cloning service should never have been a thing because there was no good reason to delete all our Classic WoW characters. Vanilla, TBC, WOTLK, MoP, etc should have all had their own servers from the start, much like private servers, and those characters should have persisted forever.

Same with TBC Classic… it should not have progressed to WOTLK. Instead, there should have been an entirely separate WOTLK client created and they both could have existed simultaneously.

I don’t think Blizzard yet understands it. This playerbase is extremely divided. There are people who prefer vanilla, people who prefer TBC, people who prefer MoP, etc. No one should be ushered through expansions they dont want to play. There is no reason to not have “era” versions of each expansion.

2 Likes

I disagree. Going into any of the old expansions was a big mistake. Classic WoW should have instead built upon Phase 6 into a novel Phase 7 and onward.

1 Like

Great post man, unfortunately blizzard totally bungled it and announced it right at the end of the expansion with no indication it would happen beforehand so if you took a break to focus on real life you had no way of knowing they would just delete your character because they didnt send out any emails :frowning: Keep it up man blizzard will listen to us, they know they have done wrong by their players, make your voice heard. the cloning service will come back :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What you mean I want my stuff.

2 Likes

In all honesty I agree, the original movement was around advocating for vanilla wow, Im really not sure why it went past that, and the majority of us affected had no intention of moving our characters to any subsequent expansion, we were just never allowed to choose as that choice was made for us in our absence with no notification whatsoever. Blizzard needs to do whats right by the playerbase and bring back classic-era character cloning.

2 Likes

I was just able to transfer a Som character the other day. I’m confused

Never did I think that my decision to not clone at TBC launch would result in the option being revoked at a later time. Let alone, ONLY ONE YEAR LATER??? Absurd. Blizzard fix this.

1 Like

Then you weren’t paying attention, or even playing classic at the time.

2 Likes

I would argue as well that for each expansion following Vanilla that new characters start similarly to a ‘boosted’ character. Two levels below new expansion minimum (58 - TBC, 68 - Wrath, etc.) with a standard set of gear.

Players who like TBC want to play TBC and not Vanilla, Wrath want to play Wrath and not Vanilla, TBC, etc. If you want the Vanilla leveling experience, go to a Vanilla Server. Should just be able to jump into the expansion with new characters.

For things like “well what of blood elves”, put a rule on the server that if it’s your first blood elf you have to play it as it was or maybe start in the two new zones, hit 20 and get boosted to outlands ready.

That’s true for many, the urge to play the game again seems to come back around the 3 year mark I would say?

1 Like

It seems to come in waves, apparently this phenomenon is really prevelant in the private server scene with the constant release of news servers and the ebb and flow of the player base, didnt blizz meet with one of the private server teams during the development of classic? I would have thought that might be one of their discussion points.

1 Like

Clones please.

1 Like