Bring back resilience

Put resilience back on pvp armor

21 Likes

Nope.

Huh. You both make compelling arguments.

8 Likes

I’m still undecided who has the better argument tho

PvP Power / Defense / Resilience were bad for a lot of reasons.

• tBC’s resilience annihilated crit-dependent dps.
  • PvP Power and Defense had lots of counter-intuitive math that essentially made stacking PvP Defense make you do more damage to and take less damage from someone stacking PvP Power.

I still want PvP Power and Defense back because without it PvE continues to be the path of least resistance for gearing, and my friends will continue their plunge into becomeing PvErs instead of doing RBGs with me.

Also, I’m not going to lie, I’ve seen people decide not to attack me in wPvP back when I had a full set of PvP gear. I miss that deterrence factor. The Legon-BFA removal tilted the scales the other way, emboldening the people that want to attack me in wPvP because my gear is trash compared to M+ heroes.

5 Likes

No. Set bonuses would go a long way to make pvp gear best in pvp. Admitting something was faulty, then still wanting it in game?

2 Likes

yes add set bonus to give pvp stat.

3 Likes

PvP stat, no. They already said no to pvp stats. But set bonus is under good consideration.

We might see it by 2024?

1 Like

Hopefully never. Pvp power/resil were bad.

youre also the worst player ive ever seen in my life, but im not saying you shouldnt be in the game.

3 Likes

Weird considering the pvp during the time they had those stats is way better than the last few years.

6 Likes

Well yea class talents and such made up the difference.

I like that a lot.

The whole reason I hated resilience is because it came at the cost of other stats. If PvP gear were fully stated to mirror it’s PvE equivalent and just offered some reduced damage in PvP combat as a 6-piece set bonus, the best PvP gear would come from PvP and PvE’ers wouldn’t feel obligated to participate. You wouldn’t need every conceivable stat combination to be offered by the vendor either.

I strongly disagree. The gearing path was definitely better but the gameplay itself was way less balanced and fun than it is now / was in legion imho.

3 Likes

Make pvp gear no ilvl but tier lvl, then pve has ilvl.
Pvp gear cant enter pve raids, pve ilvl cant enter pvp grounds.
Im bored, low on coffee, and thinking hurts…
Come up with random things that would make pvp great… like bacon numchucks.

2 Likes

Resilience was impractical because like all other stats, effected classes and specs differently so you had cases where the strong got stronger and the weak got weaker but equipping gear that was intended to be an “upgrade”.

Resilience, PvP Power and Templates had potential but feel short in application when trying to balance all class, specs and roles.

I don’t want resilience back because then I’ll be stuck having to collect 3 sets of armors.

16 years of gear-based PvP/PvE power split solutions have brought us to this point… where we’re still demanding gear-based power split solutions.

Interesting… :wink:

1 Like

You’re going to have multiple sets of gear regardless. For example, right now my Paladin has…

• Ret PVP Set - Full Mastery (a little more crit than haste) and Mastery Amp Corruptions
  • Ret PVE Set - Full Mastery (a little more haste than crit) and Mastery Amp Corruptions with one Mastery Proc Corruption
  • Holy PVP Set - Full Vers and Ineffable Truth Corruptions
  • Holy PVE Set - 40% Crit then Haste and Ineffable Truth Corruptions
  • Prot PVE Set - Basically Ret PVP Set with a one-hander and a shield

My Warrior has…

• Fury PVE Set - 55% Crit and then Strikethrough
  • Arms PVP Set - Full Vers > Haste and Vers Amp Corruptions
  • Prot PVE Set - Basically Arms PVP Set with a sword and board

We’re going to have multiple sets regardless because Vers IS the pvp stat for most specs to at least some degree, and many pve specs don’t want Vers. The different here is that Vers is eating into the stat budget for pieces whereas Resil had it’s own stat budget that was independent. Yes the gear had slightly lower ilvl, but it didn’t matter because everyone wanted Resil.

I am on the, “Bring Resil Back” team but I’m not against adding it in different ways (Set Bonuses instead of stats or even full on tiers and no ilvl for example). I am against the current PVE Gear being better than PVP Gear until 2400 rating, and then still losing in some areas like trinkets.

I want to earn PVP Gear again. I want it to be the gearing path to PVP. I want unique class sets back.

If Shadowlands fall short, like it looks right now, I’ll probably just raid and wait for WOTLK or MOP servers to bother with PVP again.

4 Likes

well thought out response