Bring back rep farming with tabards

Instead of exalted how about friendly req to buy tabards. Then when you are wearing one and do a dungeon you get xp towards the faction of the tabard your wearing?

15 Likes

Nah, will keep forcing you to wait with our WQs so you buy longer subs

5 Likes

Reputation tabards are not compatible with timegating.

10 Likes

ya i do kinda miss rep tabards, was straightforward.
im not sure if its HIGH on my list of “things i want back in WoW” tho personally haha
ill take 1 talent point per level back b4 tabards if their giving stuff BACK haha

1 Like

yep.

We only had these when rep was not tied to major unlocks to pad time played.

think its this char. If estalked I think she has the gilneas tabard. Blizzard does not care if I spam this rep. Not even recalling why I am doing this either so not caring much myself at this time.

Since so rare for alliance to get horse mounts (/sarcasm)…basically no one cares if I get them faster lol.

I think my goal was more exalteds for ocd since I farm older dungeons for mogs anyway maybe why I have this. Same reason I have a horde with undercity tabard. Maybe…lol.

1 Like

how Blizzard deals with players not willing to do things according to their vision

3 Likes

This perhaps would make me run dungeons again

1 Like

I can support the OP’s suggestion.

1 Like

Not something I loved, but it wouldn’t bother me if it came back

Krovax - while i agree with the general direction of the OP… You have to realize there would be an outcry over this. People would claim they were being forced to do dungeons. Enter people who never run dungeons and are deathly afraid of them. You get the idea.

1 Like

Thing is they’d not have to do that. They could do their WQ rotations like they do now.

Why some want this. Its not even thrilling do this. The 2 witch WQs by aman stand in drustvar (the one inside the town and the champions in the mountain pass up the road)….I’ve killed them so many times its not even funny.

I am not even sure how the old gods will raise a wtich army here. I’ve killed them in the hundreds and thousands. There can’t be any left at this point lol.

At least dungeons give loot for mogs. makes it tolerable.

Also I’d have to question their ability to reason. these would work in old dungeons. The blood elf tabard for example works in the original game dungeons.

It was how I got the rep for my blood elf heritage lol. At some point I just needed to spice it up not doing loops in the mechanar area of outland so much. So mog hunting I went.

They can still technically timegate rep tabards by adding a cap to amount of rep earn per day/week from tabards as well reducing the amount of rep gain per kill to like 1rep per kill.

This was actually the system in place for MoP. When you hit friendly, you could buy a tabard that gave you a small (I think 10) amount of rep for each mob you killed in a heroic dungeon.

Was Cataclysm not MoP

Yeah you’re right. I misremembered.

This. The fact is with a rep tabard and a spammable dungeon, you can hit exalted from neutral in under 2 hours. That kind of speed basically completely unravels Blizz’s entire current content model.

Not true at all for when it was current content. When Rep tabards were a thing instead of how they are now, they only gave rep when you killed something that was worth exp. compared to now when you could kill anything to get the rep.

if we say a dungeon like Atal’Dazar would give 850 rep for a full clear (it wouldn’t, most rep dungeons currently give about 500-600, with a few odd balls like scholomance raising the average to 800ish), it takes 42,000 rep to go from neutral to friendly. If it takes 15 minutes to full clear at at 850 rep per run, then it would take 50 runs so at least half a day to get exalted.

back then it still took roughly a month to get exalted with all factions for the average player at the start of the expansion. I will agree it wouldn’t really work for any extra reps they add mid-expansion unless they add like 6-7 reps to grind in a single patch.

They could also add in stuff to slow you down like they did in TBC were you also got rep from dungeons. Like at friendly you only gained rep from the max level dungeons. At honored only Mythic+ dungeons. At revered only bosses.

Also this. There could be choice. You could do dungeons or WQ.

Thing is players would gravitate to doing it all (all WQ and then just grind dungeons) since players will try to be most efficient with things even when they don’t need to be. I.E. players will maximize the fun out of any system.

It would be the daily quest situation from MoP, and that essentially killed Daily quests. With no daily quest cap (the worst choice blizzard has done) people felt compelled to do the 30-60 dailys per day despite not needing to. It made people hate dailies despite loving / enjoying the system in the previous to expansions.

Cant even be called content to begin with

I dont really follow…Im assuming your being facetious?