Bring back old wintergrasp

Let the single faction servers suffer, this new 40v40 lag fest is stupid. The fact that it’s cross realm is beyond stupid.

17 Likes

It’s cross realm?

yes, it’s the stupidest thing in the world

6 Likes

So why do this for WG only?

3 Likes

Yeah, I haven’t even tried it yet but from what I’ve heard it’s terrible.

The only people who seem to like it don’t even play for fun.

6 Likes

if it wasn’t xrealm 99% of servers wouldn’t be able to do wintergrasp

7 Likes

Worth a chuckle. I especially like…
“We also want to allow as many people to participate in this content as possible while avoiding any delays on getting Wrath of the Lich King Classic in your hands.”

Aka…the suits say we have to launch at a particular date, and we don’t have time to make it work right.

5 Likes

delete all the 1 faction servers and all the characters on them
those communities blew it

1 Like

Basically.

then it be an honor farm lol.

Okay we the 1% are here. Jsut do your thing…my netflix show has a new episode so I will be there. I will jsut wiggle the mouse and hit wasd once in a while. Have fun as I am just here for loser points really.

And yet they don’t include an authentic system like RDF to help out low pop servers.

Such nonsense.

11 Likes

It’s not 40 v 40. It’s 120 v 120. But either way it’s awful. Lag, D just lets O win for quick games. The only fighting really happens at the start.

1 Like

This version of Wintergrasp is perhaps the most egregious example of Wotlk classic not feeling like OG Wrath tbh. Insane that this was allowed in the game.

7 Likes

Would I be wrong in assuming a massive SR zerg rush? I haven’t seen this yet to know.

Hoping I am wrong as I did that way too much in retail. I liked it when as a team we shifted to say BT or a park for the zerg fight. same zerg fight but in a different spots makes it interesting in some way.

No everyone just meets up in the middle, gets the kills for ranks. O goes to SR for vehicles to kill walls at base and D goes the other way to make vehicles to try and get all the southern towers down before the game ends.

1 Like

Cool…its will be different then from what I have seen. Something to look forward to there.

What? Cool? It it isn’t a battle. D lets O win for fast games. I get more kills in bgs than I do in Wintersgrasp lol. Which in a 120 v 120 battle is insane that even happens.

1 Like

It would be 40v40 anyway if it was locked to server, if on a balanced server.

The alternative of locking it to a server was already explained why that isn’t optimal this time around. Someone linked the article in the thread.

Also saying “let (insert anything) suffer” is cold, self-centered…possibly sadistic. None of which are good character traits.

You are frustrated at the lag impacting something you were/are looking forward to enjoying. But it doesn’t mean you have to be like that.

Sounds about right. Screw up one of the most iconic parts of WOTLK.

3 Likes

turtles in WG aren’t fun. for either side.

seen a few in retail where defence can’t get towers to get timer down or offence prevents it.

ugh…

Offensive Demos to breach, massed breach defence. demos die.

repeat. these I preferred rdps. Guns respawned…at least I can shoot them out. again…

Noting I am not an AV turtle hater. I like them there. WG turtles…dying 40 times to cata’s is not my thing. AV at least its player on player to be fun. I can kill or be killed in field of strife for 30 minutes.

I dunno, I won 3 games in the 30 min timeframe to que. Nobody let anyone win.

1 Like