Bring back life to pvp (from a non pvper)

Im 110% for warmode…but I think the payoff is kinda jokey. Not really worth the wasted time and no real reason to go looking for trouble.

but what if there was a different…better reward for WPvP…like say IF you are foolhardy enough to go assault the enemy capital city, you get either a decent gold payout or maybe chances at a mount or pet drop like you would in running raid content.

make it so any time you ENGAGE in pvp…not just turn WM on an AVOID pvp…theres a chance of a cool drop of whatever sort so its more appealing to go LOOKING for trouble.

I dont know…just brainstorming here trying to think of ways to make this labored war concept at least seem somewhat worth the effort.

I prefer we get our own servers back and low pop servers just get merged together dude and just delete warmode.

If people don’t want to play on a PvP server they can just go to a PvE one.

4 Likes

honestly, given their reasoning I read, theres pretty much zero chance of that happening.
it wasnt about getting gank victims free of ganking. It was more to have a single server type to work on to reduce the work required.
I dont see them ever willingly going back to that.

When they started sharding heavily WPvP lost most of its meaning for me. I don’t want to kill randos, I want rivalries and protecting our resources.

3 Likes

As someone who likes PVP, WPVP in BoFa isn’t fun because there’s no competitive PVP gear.

So in other words, I just get rolled by someone decked in M+ gear who backpedals and keyboard turns because they have 2-3x the HP I do.

WPVP will be fun again when PVP gear is actually useful and competitive.

5 Likes

The last thing we need is rewarding players on an imbalanced server for locking down the other faction’s capital cities.

That’s just marketing/lawyer speak for they’re cheapsakes and don’t care or want to upgrade their hardware bro.

All they have to do is not put in additional server calculations and improve/shorten their code with new hardware and the game would run smoother.

I’m on Emerald Dream, BFA absolutely killed the server I loved. Blizzard doesn’t understand wPvP or half the playerbase because they read bad data and that’s what they base their decisions off of.

taking away the title pvp server was a mistake imo, they could have still used warmode and kept pvp server status.

1 Like

they can also stop trying to make pvp an esport

1 Like

I want old Arathi back the one that would takes days to complete and felt like an actual war.

This. The reason I’m always on about closed servers is World PvP. It was the best experience back in the day. Guild vs. Guild. Player vs. Nemesis. KOS lists.

It was FUN.

Now, it’s just nothing. There is nothing.

1 Like

People who love warmode are not in for the incentives. They choose warmode because it’s fun.

The reward for Wpvp is kinda irrelevant. It’s mostly ganking anyhow.

Rewards are for more balanced / skilled based , such as rated PvP.

1 Like

Blizzard doesn’t understand any sort of PvP, and they don’t want to know.

1 Like

Naw take away any incentive to wpvp. Right now we have pve hordies who turn it on for the free bonus. Then the alliance are outnumbered and sit with warmode off most of the time or form lfg raids.

No incentives = pvpers pvping.

Also this. Sharing sucks, give us back our community please.

2 Likes

I think if they’re going to make world pvp not be stupid they need to base rewards around killing players and not around exisiting with warmode on and being completely passive and yet picking up your bonus xp for doing pve stuff

They can’t fix it because of the server inbalances. Which came about after server/faction transfers were introduced. They chased the extra $ and destroyed their own servers in the process.

They all have yachts now , so they don’t care.

Exactly.
Theyre paying out for turning WM on and then players AVOID pvp.
I personally think if its going to promote pvp they need to make it so players feel that its worth the time investment. Otherwise…well…you get what we have now where pvpers are in here hating on Warmode every other day

Warmode needs to incentivize pvp and not pve. Where are the pvp bonuses for turning on warmode? Why are there only pve bonuses for turning on warmode?

2 Likes

right…so thats what Im saying…make it WORTH it to me as someone who can go either way to so Im more interested in wPvP.
Otherwise…leave it as it is and we have this hot garbage that gets complained about by pvpers who apparently arent enjoying wpvp anymore.

Id gladly turn WM on…IF it was WORTH my time.
As it is…its not. Why waste MY day fighting for nothing?
Even most real world wars are someone wanting something they dont have. Land…resources…something.
Getting a little crap leveling experience…who cares? Not worth it. I level fast enough as it is.

I get cool stuff when I run dungeons…mogs…pets…etc. its worth the time invested.
Why not have the same for WPvP so we might WANT to turn it on and go looking for a fight?

Yet they have the nerve to QQ about meaningful choices.