Bring back Benthic Gear

Can we get an upgrade path for WQ gear like Benthic Gear was like in 8.2 since Blizzard got rid of titan-forging? I enjoy having a way to upgrade my gear besides Mythic Plus and Raiding.

1 Like

covenant gear replaced benthic gear

14 Likes

I liked Benthic gear - not just because of how nifty it looked, but the upgradeableness (I know that’s not a word) of it. Of course, once the next patch came out it became obsolete…

1 Like

Guys like Jagobo said, the covenant gear is upgradable with anima. Each piece has multiple ranks to upgrade. You can upgrade it to ilvl197. Find the vendor in you covenant area to upgrade it.

1 Like

Covenant gear is strictly better than Benthic.

Looks way better, has tier set, higher comparative item level

1 Like

Yeah, but Benthic gear can make you look like a PIRATE! Arrr!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if in 9.1, the Covenant gear can be further upgraded beyond rank 7 (I think the max is 7 anyway). Just keep the gear relevant for those players/alts whom don’t have time to play Mythic+/Raids.

I would agree with that. The only problem would be people hoarding anima before the patch, so they could upgrade all pieces once it goes live.

Blizzard doesnt like that sort of thing, which is why they routinely reset currencies. I cant see them resetting anima though.

1 Like

She has a point there guys.

Pirate > Not Pirate

We have benthic gear, it’s called Covenant gear.

1 Like

I can also see Blizzard intalling pre-reqs for further upgrades. For example, you need to have a Renown level of 50 (I am expecting a Renown level increase) and complete the 9.1 story before ranking up the Covenant gear beyond rank 7.

as you wrote it was 8.2
you can see something similar to benthic gear around 9.2 patch imo.

Covenant gear is garbage already.

Benthic gear was far more upgradable.

It’s basically normal raid item level, that isn’t garbage, that’s a Segway for very quickly catching up Alts and being able to move into raids / keys / pvp to acquire end game gear.

1 Like

That is what I did for the 4 or 5 slots that I was unable to fill. Not the best stats, but they have helped me quite a bit as I begin to replace those pieces from Nathria.

1 Like

Yes it is. Again, (since you deliberately ignored it) benthic gear was far more upgradable.

?? Covenant gear will allow any character coming up through the game to do M+ and start raiding where they can improve it, that’s as good as Benthic and is just as easy if not easier to acquire than Benthic.

1 Like

And made useless in the next tier.

I’m not worried about next tier, I’m worried about this one.

Then do the actual raid tier instead of relying on quest gear to carry your item level.