@Brian Birmingham RE: "The Community Doesn't Want RDF"

Prove it. Give us an official poll sent out to all current classic subscribers. You keep making this claim, and the community is in an uproar about it. Unofficial counts by multiple gaming sites put support for RDF at 70-80% based on community posts and server chat. So give us a poll, post the results publicly. If you’re wrong, and the community does want RDF - own it, and give it to us. If you’re right, and the community doesn’t want RDF, a little proof will go a long way.

62 Likes

Meanwhile, at Blizzard HQ
Random Dev - “RDF doesn’t seem to be working, but we’re working on it now.”
Brian - “How long will the fix take?”
Random Dev - “Probably 1 or 2 hours depe-”
Brian - “Cut it”

30 Likes

chuckles

Nah.
They aren’t gonna. It helps them if they stick with the “listening to the community” nonsense then when they backpedal they can again point to the “guis we listen”.

12 Likes

They will never poll it, because they know the answer. Brian doesn’t want to admit he is wrong, so he’ll never advocate for a poll. He even trashed Runescape’s polling system.

Blizz overall will never poll it, because the removal of LFD is to sell the 70 boost. They need the pretext to justify its removal. Muh community is that pretext. If a poll reveals that not to be the case, then their pretext is gone. Classic is basically abandonware hooked up to life support and exists solely to boost sub counts and to extract whatever cash from premium services they can from classic. The best they can get away with in classic are boosts and transfers. They need LFD gone to sell the 70 boost.

11 Likes

Vocal minority of retail players who wanna ruin classic will respond more than people who are happy with No RDF.

10 Likes

I’d legit there rather be a paid 70 boost than all of us having to suffer with RDF

2 Likes

Yeah, that will show them. Save muh community by boosting to 70!

12 Likes

I don’t give a damn about the “community” which was ruined as soon as GDKP runs started being normal.

What I care about is a boring lobby game where no one is out in the world cause they just sit around or part time quest waiting to be instantly teleported to the dungeons.

If they implemented RDF with no teleport to the dungeon I have literally zero issue with it

1 Like

You mean…like right now, with people sitting in Shat staring at the LFG Bulletein addon for an hour?

26 Likes

Oooh, yeah spamming LFG chat in shat till eventually you get a group then getting summoned right outside the instance is drastically different from being teleported inside the dungeon :man_facepalming:

12 Likes

I am the community.
I do not want RDF.
Simple as.

3 Likes

who’s doing the summoning? you need 2 people at the dungeon summoning stone, sweetie. did you forget that?

Yes, it takes so much interaction to hop on your 280% flying mount + riding crop, aim your mount to the direction of the stone, and take an AFK piss break for 2 minutes as you ignore the entire map until you get to the stone.

Move along, clown.

20 Likes

Then making their way to the dungeon (with flying which was unfortunately another mistake)

holy crap, just shut up already. if you dont like it, dont play. there are like 13097320947 other threads, post in one of those.

1 Like

Keep that to yourself. Every one of your posts are trolls its obvious and not even good.

2 people get to live the thrilling experience of auto flying in the direction of the dungeon until they get to the stone. Damn, you right cant forget about that experience. Meanwhile im back sitting in shat just happy im being summoned instead of teleported…

4 Likes

It takes about 1-2 minutes to reach any dungeon in outland on a flyer. Muh valuable interaction. Muh socialization.

9 Likes

Does this impact you in any way people talking about it here too? Keep quiet smooth brain

1 Like

when you have to sift through 80% of the forums that can be consolidated into 1-2 threads…yes, it affects a lot of us.