Brewmaster Monk

Is this the class that is absolutely bottom of the barrel in PVP?

I hope the devs look to add some buffs to this poor class

1 Like

I hear it’s a great pve tank.

1 Like

Great in PvE, horrible in PvP :laughing:

Even a tank with 0 self heals or sustain like Prot Warrrior is better in PvP than Brewmaster.

3 Likes

There was a small window in legion where they could take allies damage and stagger it and then aoe the stagger out and nuke the hell out of people, but now that talent does like .5% of your damage.

that’s sad and instead of helping those classes in need they buff mages and locks

1 Like

Brewmaster was kinda OP and fun in WoD :slight_smile:

Brewmaster is actually pretty great in Battle grounds if you know what you are doing. What people dont understand is they are not ment to be doing insane damage or be unkillable, its a spec all about CC and locking people down. They are I would say THE best for peeling healers and flag spinning.

1 Like

Until they are targeted and die in one global lockdown

Monk not brewmaster has good cc BUT it’s not exclusive to BRM

Unlike the other tanks who have useful skill sets

This is very misleading and dishonest

Nothing in the BRM kit makes them GREAT

1 Like

Sorry but thats not true my guy. BM has a huge tool kit that can be speced into having the best CC of any tank on top of being pretty mobile. The only thing that makes them not “great” is when people compare them to DK, DH and Druids which have been broken pretty much for ever. If you are just doing normal BG’s and nothing rated you can have a lot of fun and may even be what wins some battles.

1 Like

So to be clear, what you’re saying is that if you play a mediocre class extremely well, sometimes they can do well enough to win a battle?

I’m not saying that BrM can’t have some fun abilities, but you’re not really making a strong argument I feel like. This reminds me of everybody who said Feral Druids were fine back in TBC because a handful of very skilled players managed to get over 2k rating with them.

1 Like

I am saying its not a mediocre class at all but other classes are just stupid broken right now. BM does just fine in BG’s with its team, DH and DK can do just fine by them selves.

Doesn’t that make it mediocre then? I mean, that’s a bit of a laundry list of “what ifs” for it to become a desirable choice over any other tanks. If pretty much anything other than BrM is a better choice, it’s tough to call BrM great.

I get it, your premise is that all the other classes are OP and it’s BrM that’s fine… but in the grand scheme of things, that’s not really how it’s going to be viewed by the folks who are making the choices on what to bring and would, in fact, be in alignment with the OP that BrM is the bottom of the barrel for tanks in PvP.

To an extent, it does make more sense to expect buffs for one class to bring it in line with the other than to expect nerfs for three others. Additionally, there have been assertions that Prot Warriors outperform BrM significantly in this thread as well. No mention of Prot Paladins though…

2 Likes

Not at all my guy holy smokes! My alt is a Prot Pally and my main used to be prot Warrior. Prot pally in some areas such as keeping your healer up I would say preforms better but is WAY more heavy on CD’s and vulnerable to spell locks. Warrior on the other hand actually IS the bottom when it comes to PVP. But none of that really matters because all three of these classes are light years behind in what people are looking for in the OP as hell Blood DK right now.
Calling something bad just because something else is S tier does not make sense.

The games so broken when it comes to classes these days you can call pretty much anything “bad” thats not the meta, and after Blizzard nerfs what ever that is, it will just be another class. Could Monk use a buff to be more viable? Of course, but its no where near as bad as I think people make it out to be.

Brewmaster has 0 place in a BG, when you can bring literally any other tank and they will do a better job.

2 Likes

Hah. I thought it was just me. Brewmaster does seem to be trash level now compared to the last couple of expansions. It used to be that (even if sub-optimal) there was a reason to bring a Brewmaster instead of a MW or a WW into a BG (high survivability + CC + reasonable AOE damage on occassion with Hot Trub).

Now there is nothing a BM does well enough to justify losing out on the heals or the damage of the other two archetypes. And, to rub salt into the wounds, the Vengeance DH now plays roughly like Brewmaster used to …

1 Like

they dont buff tanks to make them better at pvp

The mechanic that makes us OP in raiding is also the worst one to keep us alive in PvP. Since stagger doesn’t really mitigate damage, it just turns big bursts into a dot that makes it easier to heal. Which means we still take more damage than other tanks overall and we die a lot faster. We also have almost no CDs to help survive or deal with magic damage.

I’d say BrMs are easily the worst tanks for PvP.

The silver lining here is that WW and MW are pretty strong in PvP right now. Roll one of those.

1 Like