BrewMaster Monk place Black Oxe Statue + Provoke

Hello I try to do a macro to place the Black Oxe Statue and use provoke on it. Is that possible, here is what i tried so far:
#showtooltip Provoke
/cast Black Ox Statue
/target Black Ox Statue
/cast Provoke
/targetlasttarget

I am fairly new to macros so I actually dont know what to do (this doesn’t work btw.)

Thanks for future answers

Can’t use both /cast as you have it.

You can do maybe
#showtooltip
/castsequence Summon Black Ox Statue, Provoke
/target Black Ox Statue

You also need to type the whole spell name for the Ox .

You will have to click on the macro twice to do one spell then the other.

Only problem is you can use /targetlasttarget. You’ll have to tap target back to your last target.

Just tested it on my monk. The ox does not exist until you place it on the ground. Which means you cant target it as you hoped.

You’ll have to move the target to the 2nd line:

#showtooltip
/target Black Ox Statue
/castsequence Summon Black Ox Statue, Provoke

Click the macro to place the ox and then click it a 2nd time to target the ox/ cast provoke.

No that’s not working. I can’t target the ox with my macro and then provoke it.

You’ll need to be able to cast ox, target ox, then cast provoke. Maybe someone better with macros then I can get it to work.

Pretty sure you can no longer target black ox statue by name.

Could try…

#showtooltip
/cast [@cursor] Black Ox State
/focus [@mouseover,help]
/cast [@focus] Provoke

You’ll probably need to hit it twice.

Personally I’d put a modifier on the statue + focus

#showtooltip
/cast [mod,@cursor] Black Ox State; [@focus] Provoke
/focus [mod,@mouseover,help]

Definitely need to hit that one twice. If it turned out the first one works in a single click the 2nd can be modified to work that way too.

I’m reviving a dead thread, but I had this issue today. Here is the macro I came up with:

#showtooltip Provoke
/target Black Ox Statue
/cast [@target,exists] Provoke
/cast Provoke
/targetlasttarget

This will target the Black Ox Statue and cast Provoke on it if the statue is out, then target your last target. If the statue isn’t out it casts Provoke on your current target. You can add mouseover functionality if you want as well. This works for Provoke if it’s keybound on your action bar, which was what I prefer.

5 Likes

could use something like [mod:shift] so when you hit shift maybe then it casts the spell and then when you hit it regularly with no other buttons make it target the statue and target your last target
(though unfortunately it seems to be a bit borked because no matter what; it wants to summon the black ox statue.) I was playing around a bit with a macro that looked like this:
#showtooltip
/cast provoke
/cast [mod:shift][@cursor] Summon Black Ox Statue
/tar [mod:shift] Black Ox Statue
/cast [mod:shift] Provoke
/targetlasttarget

Also reviving a dead thread, but this is what I came up with. Mind you, I like to put multiple abilities on macros (mostly because it keeps my bars sparse).

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Purifying Brew; [mod:shift] Invoke Niuzao, the Black Ox; [mod:ctrl, @cursor] Summon Black Ox Statue
/target Black Ox Statue
/focus
/targetlasttarget

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Provoke; [mod:shift] Clash; [mod:ctrl, @focus] Provoke

Basically, I press CRTL + [keybind macro is on] and need to press it twice to establish the focus. I was unable to find a way to have one button pressed to both summon the statue AND set it as a focus, so it will need to be pressed twice quickly in succession. Then, when I want to cast provoke on the statue, I just press Alt + [keybind] on my provoke and clash macro to quickly cast it on the statue with no target switching. Definitely works for me, but it is pretty technical in terms of user skill.

However, I think a simple click and provoke is also really effective, I just never have a lot of time while tanking to try to click it through mobs and positioning my character.

Optimized

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] Invoke Niuzao, the Black Ox; [mod:ctrl,@cursor] Summon Black Ox Statue; Purifying Brew
/target Black Ox Statue
/focus
/targetlasttarget
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] Clash; [mod:ctrl,@focus] [] Provoke

I assume you mean CTRL+ because that’s what you’ve coded.