Brave the Beyond: Shadowlands is Now Live!

Looking forward to release! Going to be a blast!

1 Like

Yes, I’m absolutely sick of BfA

2 Likes

Yeah no thanks, I’ll pass.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the 3440x1440 wallpapers, really great stuff!

In 2 hours Blizz can only scrape together 6 likes and 11 replies to a blue post about the brand new expansion

Thanks for catching that! I’ve corrected it.

1 Like

no not really.

Let’s fracking go Blizzard! Give us this amazing content you guys have worked so hard on I’m excited!

us vs the jailor and wowhells army… i feel kinda bad for the jailor and wowhells army… =P

Why on a Monday tho? For the holiday week?

Really appreciate the massive wallpaper dump this week! :smiley: thanks!

Of course you will pass, you’re only level 11, you need to be level 48 at least.

1 Like

Maldraxxus 4lyfe.

It’s not a blue post, it’s an automated thread that happens anytime Blizzard updates their website.

Shadowlands is their highest selling expansion in pre-sales in history, I wouldn’t worry about enough people being interested.

Then they should release the sub numbers. Let everyone know how many people are playing :slight_smile:

1 Like

I haven’t seen subscription counts in the annual 10K and 10Q SEC filings since 30-Sep-2014 (7.4M at that time). With the rise of cash shop sales and the introduction of the WoW Token, the total revenue generated from WoW is less tied to sub counts so they stopped reporting that–shareholders only care about long-term profit growth. I’ve seen various YouTube creators try to estimate the sub counts, but that seems like a crapshoot and ActiVision has no incentive to release the sub counts anymore since they disclose revenue and operating expenses in their SEC filings.

Edit: The Report for 3Q-2020 says “Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, and Candy Crush are each set to generate over $1 billion in net bookings this year”. If WoW will generate $1B USD, why do they care about if that’s from subs or cash shop sales?

It might launch on 11/23 but if past expac launches are indicators of what’s to come, probably will be able to play on 12/7 or thereabouts.

2 Likes

LOL it was doing $2.15 billion/yr during WotLK
Having sub fee only monetization forced blizz to create a game people wanted to sub to, now they create a game where people are incentivized to purchase tokens
They say it in those meetings, they present user engagement metrics because the more time people play wow the more likely they are to participate in a mtx, as the game is designed to encourage.
It might be making money now but its 1/2 what is was making in 2010 and it only makes money when content drops forcing them on a quarterly release schedule which has caught up with them and forced the delay of SL but since they don’t have the reg income of subs rolling in they can’t delay it long enough

I agree with everything you’re saying… I too would have liked to continue seeing sub counts after 2014. I was just pointing out that ActiVision has no incentive to “Let everyone know how many people are playing” as long as the profit margins keep the shareholders happy.

1 Like

i’ll be at work making that $$$ while everyone else sits home all afternoon trying to log in!

2 Likes