Bracket cartel at it again. saying to report breaker to try and get banned

How can this be ok? I don’t like when people try and control a game/server and stop a person from playing the way they want. You know, if someone can out farm the next guy then he deserves it. Just cause it’s not your buddy or something you think you are justified.

Check the screenshot…that is the gm of the guild saying to mass report the guy…not cool at all and I had to share.

14 Likes

I think rather than addressing the behaviour, fix the stupid system that enables this behaviour.

• PVP Gear for pvp purposes, scale down the gear’s usefullness in pve, or even just scale the gear for each phase, so they aren’t op in P1.
  • Get rid of the bracket system and just have a simple grind / kinda like rep.
  • organised pvp queue (more honor) and single queues
7 Likes

i think you’re describing Retail pvp…

4 Likes

I just sent this to the police, I’m sure the FBI is on the way!

All jokes aside I hope they all get the ban time instead!

1 Like

Nice screen grab.
Hopefully, Blizz does something about this.

THey will get on it right after them bots

1 Like

You mean you want to play an unhealthy amount of time and force everyone on the server to stoop to your level? That sounds productive. Thanks for contributing to the problem. It’s because of players like you that we set caps over 1m.

3 Likes

First of all, don’t abuse the report system. That much should be obvious.

However, breakers don’t really benefit anyone. Not even themselves. Breakers could get the same rank, for way less effort, if they didn’t break, with no increase to the time needed to get the desired rank.

3 Likes

Not its first rodeo:

https://i.imgur.com/LWOFY7q.jpeg

Blizzard do something about this please.

Edit the names out of the screenshots for this thread, your post is fine.

You can report for harassment if you want with screenshots here: hacks@blizzard.com Although I will say Blizzard does not usually take Discord as evidence.

FWIW it’s usually better to work with the PVP community and stack. Rank 11s do not need B1. Having those top guys be done is best for you and everyone else. FFA is not good for anyone.

2 Likes

“Breakers” is a made up term by those that don’t want to put in the effort.

I believe we are headed into stage 3 of the acceptance cycle.

8 Likes

The names are not directly posted in the forums. You have a choice to not visit the link.

1 Like

I’m trying to help the guy conform to forum rules. He doesn’t have to listen.

Yeah we have a bot bracket breaker. What’s sad is since there was a recent ban wave we know there won’t be another one for a couple months or so at least.

Brackets are a fantasy invention of an in game clique. Brackets are a part of the ranking meta. That you are aware of how it works doesn’t mean anyone else has to care about it. It is not something inherent in the game play as it has been delivered. Play bracket management if you wish, but everyone else is free to play by their own rules.

You don’t get to decide for another player what is most advantageous for them. Maybe their fun is the act of breaking the bracket. You have no idea what motivates them. Nor should you.

8 Likes

just stack with the set brackets…imagine trying to make the game harder for yourself

3 Likes

You are correct in a way Eaglesgift, he doesn’t have to follow anything. False reporting isn’t allowed either and he can report harassment too, I even told him how.

From what I’ve seen on this forum, many agree with you. Just a few general comments though.

1. Most of the time these “ranking mafias” are incredibly inclusive to anyone willing to work together. They’ll usually talk to people and invite them in. People are from lots of different guilds get included etc. Some could be corrupt, but not most.
  2. I’ve FFA ranked and I’ve bracket ranked based on RP, both to 14. I was able to get top by FFA ranking (FFA was server-wide, not a choice thing) and part of that was being tricky by logging in at specific times where my final number did not show properly. Actually, in my last 2 weeks people started wanting to stack and we did. For me, it was far more fun to bracket stack and work as a team but I guess some could find being a rebel fun.
  3. After doing both I found that FFA ranking drama is significantly higher and I saw the same thing on Barman horde when they went FFA. With FFA people also rank much slower and they are more bottlenecks. IMO it’s better to make the system work for you instead of working for the system.
  4. Typically in this situation the solution is to not let that player on premades and out grind which I think happened here (I do not know enough to say)
  5. If a player such as the OP decides to do this and they get removed from guilds, not invited to guilds, get blacklisted from pugs etc that’s on them, they’ve decided they don’t want to be team players in an MMO and that was their call. Things against game policies can be reported, however.

I don’t plan to debate this more as I did with another poster, I just wanted to say those things.

4 Likes

yeah crazy how intense some people can get over the classic PvP honor system

1 Like

yep it is very beneficial to both the pvp community and the solo ranker to work together. I always find it funny that the people on this forum who are the ones who preach about community and complain all day are the same ones who will defend bracket breakers when the vanilla pvp system requires literally the community interactions they supposedly want.

4 Likes

People just don’t understand the honor system and how RP works. Let them kill theirselves playing empty hours because they think higher honor is the only thing that matters

5 Likes