Brackenhide Hollow (Withering)

I am really hoping this is a bug, but the disease keeps stacking even out of combat and it is impossible to heal through on normal. As a druid I shouldn’t have to have alchemy to get disease pots and randoms may or may not have something that removes disease.

Either change the type it is so all classes can dispel it as a mechanic or for the love of god tune that dungeon soon so we can start doing mythics in it. Im pretty sure it is the withering disease or one of them. I am sure many of my fellow WoW players can back me up, it is ridiculous.

5 Likes

Same issue here; this mechanic is doing too much damage on m0 to survive without many stacked heals

1 Like

Bump - is this a bug? As a shaman I have no way to cure disease and the debuff lasts for like a minute

1 Like

Ditto, this has to be bugged.

Either the disease shouldn’t spread/stack to itself, meaning a single player standing off in nomans land shouldn’t just keep stacking it on themself all the way up to 10.

Or this needs to drop out of combat / when the mob that placed it dies. Something needs to remove the disease, expecting a Druid/Shamman to heal there way through an entire party that might only have a single stack all the way through a full stack of 10 is impossible.

Turned a fun night of dungeons into a wipefest. If more than one person got that dot it was full stop until they died so they could be rezzed. Rarely was I able to heal several through that dot successfully.

1 Like

Experiencing the same, I could keep people alive (Resto Druid) but it was more or less full stop until the dot wore off everyone.

This currently is the one dungeon I so far loathe doing.

2 Likes

Ditto this is mind-bogglingly painful. Even in a leveling dungeon with a bunch of randoms none of whom could dispel disease 2-3 people in the party consistently stacking to 10 even out of combat. Basically impossible to heal when the party continues to pull more mobs and ignore the disease as “healer mechanic”. Absolutely horrific experience as a Resto Druid.

2 Likes

Hello healer friends, special virtual hugs for my fellow resto druids in this trying dungeon. This information I have learned may help a little. The disease needs to be kicked by party members to limit the amount of applicants. It is dispelled by spriests, rdruids can not dispel it. I am unsure of other classes atm. It has 10 stacks and if the person doesn’t heal themselves along with you using all your cd’s they will most likely die as the diseases stacks to 10. YAY The good news is, if there is an alchemist in the group there are cauldrons scattered around the instance they can click (a couple times, once to brew, once to pick up the dispel) to acquire an extra button that will remove the disease from 1 individual. If the decay was not kicked by members of the party most of you will unfortunately have the disease & everyone needs to click that pot! Spread the word. I apologize for any inconsistencies, I’m battling w/covid. Much love, you’re doing great because you care. Enjoy DF

2 Likes

It is simply not fun to have to deal with this mechanic. As a resto druid I have been able to heal through it so far through blasting through CDs and using all my mana, but I am never more than a few seconds away from disaster.

This early in an expansion nobody knows the mechanics so it is never interrupted. In PUGs most people wouldn’t bother to interupt it even if they did. Most tanks pull continuously without considering the healers mana or the fact that that most the group have a 45 second debuff on them that can combine for up to 40k DPS.

It would not be so bad if we paused between major pulls and waited for the debuffs to fall off with the DPS and tank contributing to off healing, but what are the chances of that happening in a PUG?

I may make a macro to explain the mechanic to the group to hopefully minimize the frustration of having to deal with this mechanic. Or I may just switch to DPS until it is nerfed.

Exactly! At a reasonable M+ level I might expect my DPS to be kicking that (and I think it’s a actually a totem you have to kill) but there’s NO WAY that a normal mode debuff should HAVE to be kicked by DPS Players or at least one person needs to be an alchemist to make this dungeon work. By absolutely spamming heals and CDs I could just about keep 2-3 people up with 10 stacks but as you pointed out neither the Tank nor the DPS cared and simply continued to chain pull leading to 2-3 completely avoidable deaths. I talked about it in the party chat twice and got 0 response. Normal mode should not have this sort of punishing mechanic. It’s completely turned me off even queueing for heroic dungeons and just do PvP instead.

Looks like based off the hotfix notes this should be better:

Brakenhide Hollow

• Withering damage reduced by 64% (effect applied by Decay Speaker’s Withering Burst, Trickclaw Mystic’s Witherbolt, etc.).

Which tracks with a heroic I did late last night feeling considerably easier.

Not only does there seem to be a problem with the disease, but the mobs are bugged too.

Apparently, the smaller mobs in this dungeon continuously respawn even after we have killed them and passed on to another area. It seems that this started on the pathway up to the final boss.

Even though we cleared our way up to there, they kept spawning behind us and we ended up wiping because of it. Never got a chance to engage the final boss.

When we respawned they showed up at the the respawn cave and killed us again. So a couple of us just ran back to the beginning to get out since we were still in combat due to the respawns and could not use the port out of dungeon feature in order to reset it.

Only one of us made it out. Finally once everyone died again and respawned they also ran out trailed by these respawning mobs until we all could leave the dungeon. Then we were able to reenter and go back to the final boss after the reset.

Resetting the dungeon stopped the constant respawns so we could continue on and engage the final boss. We have no idea what caused this issue since our tank actually had done this dungeon earlier today and never experienced that problem.

Here’s the link to my bug report: Brackenhide Hollow Dungeon - bugged