Bottom of the charts again

I remember I pre-changed to Arcane to test out the 6% and ended up getting kicked out of everything until I changed back to frost.

It’s a good change of pace from BoD, which was heavily skewed toward range outside of opulence( which wasn’t that bad) and stormwall.

Reason # 115 why I hate BfA: I was an arcane mage … then rolled frost (anyone who’s played arcane before BfA knows why) and now, thanks to Eternal Palace and one TERRIBLE night playing frost, I’m now a fire mage.

It’s so nice playing specs because you HAVE to play them and not because you WANT to play them.

Great job Bliz. I clap for you.

3 Likes

I mean is there any particular reason you are constantly chasing it, I am sure that frost mage is not that terrible. I do not feel that bad in raid, do pretty well for my ilvl overall and I even use TV or GS. Just play what makes you feel comfortable playing, I would bet that if more people actually played what was comfortable to play they would perform better than trying to chase a carrot they will never get.

1 Like

So you guys are complaining about not being able to top meters as one spec and instead having to respec to continue topping meters?

Rip mages, broken class

1 Like

Dude’s problem isn’t frost. He has grey and single digit parses even as fire.

I’d bet he is very poorly itemized, using the wrong essences, boogering his rotation…

He’s doing something very wrong.

3 Likes

Our Frost Mage last night was consistently in the top 3 of damage done. They pulled purple parses all night, which I know doesn’t mean much, but they were constantly beating everyone else save maybe our BM Hunter here and there.

Frost is in a rough patch, but it’s clear they’re still viable if you know how to play them. Both raid and M+ last night felt fine with the Frost Mage, and they were doing absolutely great numbers.

1 Like

There’s always going to be specs on top, and specs on bottom. It has been that way since vanilla

1 Like

Not even. You let a frost turret and they will pull mental numbers if they’re half competant.

Fire’s toolkit is just more natural for EP is all. Frost is still more than capable with practice.

It’s pretty aces in m+ too.

Oh for sure. As I said in the rest of my post, our Frost Mage is incredibly good mechanically, and they excelled last night. I do think it’s under-performing by comparison, but you are right in that it may just be the movement heavy fights.

Honestly pretty sure most of the specs are viable right now, some just require more mechanical skill to pull off than the face roll-y types.

1 Like
  1. There isn’t enough data for Mythic to say what class is going to come out on top of that area of playing.

2. DH has never been top (1st) place in a raid for overall dps since their inception in Legion. So not sure where you’re pulling this from.

3. People’s main problem with dh is were we’re rounded well enough to be above the average of other dps classes and we perform better then most even at lower ilvls.

I mean am I very biased here(obviously) but I do miss me some glass canon era frost mage. It felt rewarding knowing I levled up the squishy class, dealt with all the crap to see my dps just skyrocket in raids.

2 Likes

Is that the 99th percentile stats? I ask because thats what matters. Things can change quite a bit at higher levels of play.

I will check for myself when I get home

Ok i check at 99 percentile frost is 3rd lowest with arcane right under it.

Really all mage stuff would be in a better spot i think if we didnt lose all the utility. They clearly do not want glass canons but removing Altered Time which made for some fun mobility maneuvers as well as losing coll stuff like Amplify Magic.

Aggregate stats outside of top 100 guilds is irrelevant. Top 10% DPS for Destro is still better than average DPS for Havoc. So a good Destro Warlock is better than an average Havoc DH. Bring good players, not good classes.

Outside of ultra high end play, class balance is mostly irrelevant compared to player skill and with M+ trivializing half the raid, honestly, who cares about raid dps, anymore?

I don’t even care about the world first race, anymore. When they were going in there with barely any gear and putting in work to down the bosses, anyways, that was impressive. Grinding M+ for hours and then rofl stomping the bosses is boring.

1 Like

It is always funny when people who complain about doing low dps based on rankings when their own parses are single digits lol. Honestly, don’t worry about the ranking and just aim to maximize your own parses.

2 Likes

I also see a lot of Shadow priests doing good deeps

Look up my buddy Frostfiar’s EP parses and dmg dealt on the bosses. Should either be under Frostfiar-Stormrage or Mofuu-Stormrage depending on when the name change updates on logs. Frost does fine damage if your good at it. The difference won’t matter if your not top guild pushing.

Warlocks: we have to many hardcasts
Mages: that is fine.

The raid caters to Fire, thats it. Frost does great damage, its just hindered by the mechanics of the fights.

1 Like