Bots should not be banned or suspended

In Asia the sub is per hour not monthly. The CCP and tencent has control in China not Acti

No it isnā€™t, that hasnā€™t been the case in nearly four years.

The CCP the Chinese govt has strict limits on gaming and communication. Officially per their own laws no game chat rooms are allowed to communicate with anyone outside their country. They passed it after anti ccp messages appeared in Animal crossing

What does that have to do with anything I just posted?

They are required to announce bans in China and tencent is operating the games not Activision Blizzard. What the Chinese operation does is separate from the other nations.

Tencent is not operating WoW in China. Iā€™m going to safely assume that anything else you post will be misinformation.

A lot of bot accounts are paid for using stolen credit cards. When charge-backs occur Blizzard actually loses money as a result of the additional fees involved.

2 Likes

Lookup the PR statements from Activion Blizzard regarding the HOTS message about Blitz Chung. American companies have to lease their IPs to Chinese companies that operate them in China. You can check it with Google.

Tencent does not operate WoW in China.

Your right its NetEase and tencent just owns over 20% of Activison Stock. Either way China WoW is not operated by the same company that does the rest of the world. They operate differently because its the other company running the game.

Correct. Itā€™s actually NetEase.

Unlikely. Canā€™t the same accounts also bot in retail? They can easily get enough gamegold there to play for FREE.

Innumerable non-botting players do that. Why not bots?

The Chinese market is far different than the western market.

I actually laughed at this. Thanks.

I hear this all the time. Peopleā€¦ private servers WORKED with these damn bots. Christ sometimes they would even give gold to these bots to make money and they would get a cut.

Yeah blizzard is messing up, but stop acting like private servers were this haven of honest people.

That is some hard core white knighting, right there.

Anything they can do now is too little too late. The economy is already ruined beyond repair. Gold is already worth less than toilet paper, and itā€™ll never recover. Economy and population issues are something you have to keep under control EARLY, which is why I was advocating for it prior to launch and right after launch (all the way up until today, really). But for the most part; they did nothing. They ignored most population issues, ALL multibox cheaters, and are now seemingly ignoring bots.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to say this much. Blizzard canā€™t properly moderate its forums and hands out suspensions for minor offenders while allowing trolls to run rampant. Canā€™t expect much better in-game with bots.

2 Likes

P servers have actual mods. Nice try.

You are sadly mistake if you think anyone but China runs the show over seas. What Tecent says is what goes. Blizz can play ball or go home.