Bots are still botting!

Imagine how low the games population would be without the bots! Think of how hard it would be to find fish in the AH! Through all these years Blizz periodically culls the numbers but I feel in the end wants them in game for either the money they make from the accounts or sub counts.

For a long time in Ogr. there were about 15 bodies on the ground that would float up in between the bank and AH spelling out their website in mid air. Blizz did nothing.

I’ve encountered players who will instantly list something on the auction house for exactly one copper less than I do. When I say instantly, I mean I will reload to check my auction and they will have already undercut me, at one copper less every time. Is this something that happens to others? Its quite frustrating and I see no way it can be humanly possible.

If you have a certain route and you do not stray from it, you might be a bot.
If you are a lvl110 druid YOU might be a bot
If theres an anchor weed on the other side of the river and you don’t bolt for it, YOU might be a bot. If all those are in effect then by gosh YOU ARE a BOT.

They will handle it. They do it in waves. Every time a new type of bot starts cropping up they have to find out about it, learn about it so they can determine how to stop it, find out who the culprits are, all that kind of stuff. Once they’ve got things in order they’ll do a wave of bans and put in whatever updates they need to to prevent this type of bot. Then the botters will develop some work around, and the cycle will repeat.

1 Like

Fish gotta swim,
Birds gotta fly,
Bots gotta bot.

my hammer still be hammering
smash smash

Yes it true, they do not seem to care.

They make money off them like any other sub and they will do a wave ban later maybe when the accounts that are botting are at the highest number.

… that way they get more people buying accounts again.

They make money off the raw mats that are sold in auction house, because people will buy gold to get them.

Same reason they like multiboxers.

Sorry but the ugly truth of it. They try to say they need to “study” them and all this other stuff but ya… 1+1 usually = 2.

I predict the next bot wave won’t happen until maybe a month or 2 after flying is released… for that top dollar amount. I believe only 1 ban wave for all of legion so maybe not one at all even, who knows? depends on profit they are milking i guess.

Has nothing to do with game security or a fair playing field for their legit customers. Popping that bubble hurts… i know. Sometimes I understand them since it is players doing the botting.

Another arguement naysayers have is that they go after these botting companys.

We know why they go after them…

1. They are cutting into Blizzards profit.
  2. To make it look good… media then portrays you as being a game that cares.

Seriously… It’s not that they actually want to kill botting, you serious?

1 Like

How can they pick all the herbs, when they are shared?

As for them caring. I know they take action on bots. I have a coworker
that recently came back from a few months suspension for botting.
Unlike others, he actually admits he was botting.

Ya that is an issue.

If he was proven to be botting then it should be a permaban.

Letting them get away with it is like promoting them to buy more accounts and do it more.

But ya… it’s the cash.

2 Likes

Report people you suspect of botting. It takes time, but Blizzard will take care of them in due time.

Blizzard hates bots just as much as the players do.

I remember the good ol’ days when Blizzard used to ban cheaters like bots in ban waves, since WoD all we get are suspension waves.

I couldn’t imagine wasting the time to report bots and possibly d/c since they still haven’t fixed that years old bug, just to get an account suspended that will be back to botting again anyway.

Bots could be easily killed in warmode. Was probably a multiboxer.

Bots are still botting!
World keep on turnin’
Cause it won’t be too long

What you attached is not evidence of botting. I have 4 family accounts and could easily duplicate what you saw by logging druids on each account and multiboxing (which is perfectly alright by the TOS). If they are are acutally botting, which is different from multiboxing, then they’ll eventually be caught and banned.

Yea, a group of “people” moving in the -exact- same ways non-stop forever. Definitely not bots.

They’re so obviously bots that you have to be genuinely lame brained to think otherwise.

Caught and suspended. They aren’t banned.

How a War Mode makes it multi boxer not bots? yes they can be killed… and resurrect and do it all over again.

I 100% agree. If they have proof someone was botting. The account(s)
should be permanently closed, and banned.

But it wasnt much better in the past when dealing with bots.
The article that caused me to try this game back in classic had a side
article with it. The gaming magazine decided to see how quick a botter
was banned back in classic.

The writers made two accounts. One to play, and one to bot.
They hired one of those old leveling services that took control of
a character and used a bot to have it run around killing things.

They then got on their account to play, and found their character
that was being ran by the bot service. They reported it multiple
times, and nothing was ever done. They took control back from
the service, and just closed the account for good. But were
surprised that with multiple reports from more than one person.
Blizz never stepped in and stopped it.

2 Likes

Well with the sharding this has become the norm now, why bother farming one area alone when you can server hop an infinite number of times. But your assessment is to quote you “lame brained” in itself. I stated that I get messaged on a weekly basis by some “lame brained” people (to use your vernacular) whether I am farming rares or herbing. OMG THEY ARE SO MUCH FASTER THAN ME! THEY R BOTS REPORTED! Get over it. The reason a lot of us follow a certain route is because we know that there are spawn locations there… but you know keep up the conspiracy theories… btw your crazy is showing.

Because bots tank the herb market. Especially multi box botters. They’re bringing thousands of herbs to the market which makes every herb YOU pick worth ALOT less.