Boosting Supporter Here: Remove Trade Chat Posting Privileges from Toons Level 20 and Lower

The RMT ads are in full-swing and overwhelm any of the legitimate stuff. As expected, the law-abiding citizens are the only ones impacted by the policy change.

Since the change happened, we’re at the point now where low-levels in starter-account range need blocked from trade chat posting to cut down on the RMT ads.

I’m all for boosting done by the rules, and I’m beyond fed-up with the RMT/legitimate ad ratio that is ruining trade chat once again.

Remove the ability for toons level 20 and lower to post to trade chat. Thanks.

Personally I would rather they do something about the actual problem. Hire some GM to buy carries, log every one involved and then after a month suspend everyone. After enough customers and those doing the carries start to lose their accounts, it will go back underground.

2 Likes

I don’t think taking away the ability for low levels to talk in trade chat is going to help anything. I wasn’t really here for the vanilla days, but I think I remember trying to sell leather gear in TBC in trade chat, lol. I was dumb, but oh well. And the new players might need help with something.

Isn’t that what the newcomer chat is for? Or at the very least, /1?

1 Like

Veteran players don’t have access to Newcomer chat unless they are a guide

Then there is this…

As for the spammers, work that report button.

1 Like

The only way this would work would be if they were on a free-to-play account. Otherwise, they can just level to 21 and have access.

1 Like

And it’s really not that hard to get to 21.

2 Likes

Ban any boost advertising period like gold selling. Doesn’t matter what level you are zero tolerance. Make it a hardware ban so they have to get new pcs

3 Likes

Honestly, they don’t even police the group finder. Until they actually hire in game support, nothing will actually work to fix the problem.

1 Like