Boosting is healthy for the game

Read the OP from a different thread here.

Read the posts offering solutions or advice.

How is this acceptable when the classic game was marketed as a museum piece? The entire classic experience has been ruined. All the people playing tbc and loving it are the same exact people who would mindlessly throw money at retail’s next expansion. They don’t care what it is, any new content they will purchase and they will consume, there is no standard of legitimacy nor a standard for quality for the retail players, there is only “more and give it to me as fast as possible”.

The state of Classic WoW.

Not one person says to just play the game and level up. There is only trying to circumvent the game and play the least amount possible to reap whatever reward. No one wants to play this game.

They want to win an MMORPG in an epeen fashion. They want to be able to say “I’m level 70 in full tier gear”. That’s it, that’s the game to them. Nothing matters beyond “winning”.

It’s over ladies and gentlemen.

15 Likes

Classic is a museum piece still. Classic content of leveling outside of blood elves and Draenei is not apart of most peoples view of tbc. Outland leveling is. /thread

1 Like

Wild thought, but perhaps people come to an MMO to play with their friends or just generally with other people. Boosting allows them to do that instead of wasting 100+ hours of their lives in hideously boring vanilla content, never being able to do dungeons, and rarely seeing anyone else. It has nothing to do with “winning”. It’s only people like you who see being level cap as some achievement.

4 Likes

It’s just a friggin’ game, guy.

2 Likes

Rather than link to another thread; you could have just posted in that one.

3 Likes

tbc(classic) is full of kids that race over 14years old game!
“said the lvl68 blood elf lol” I’m just playing to test few things & i will be gone asap.

but honestly? what destroyed this game? is the existence of “earning real cash out of this game” it’s a fact that all those service sellers are earning too much gold & selling that gold on black market, same goes for guilds that sell raid gear for $$$, lvling/pvp boosters, character selling on 3rd party sites…etc

all those GDKP, which makes any new player to buy gold to get the items & those who sell gdkp runs are selling the gold they collect, so “they sell you the gold for cash, then get back the gold by making you join their Gdkp runs, then sell you again the same gold, Infinite loop”

in the end, there is nothing good/bad or healthy for this game anymore, it’s hopeless case & there is no cure.

1 Like

I’m just hoping I can buy warglaives through the cash shop. You can already buy 58 boosts and a mount, what’s the big difference? Will bring in more players if you could buy warglaives too.

4 Likes

I’m famous!

The boost and mount are minor conveniences that get you out of the irrelevant content and into what you actually want to play faster, and provide no actual advantage over people who do not buy them

Glaives are endgame gear that are the entire point of playing the game, and provide a significant power advantage over people who would not buy them if they were added to the shop

But you already understood this and are just grasping at straws to try and have even a semblance of an argument :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Those services are a product of the actual problem and that’s the community. The community ruins the game. People want to min max everything and blow through content, so the game evolves into a grindy treadmill. People want to create speed running strategies for the game to beat it as soon as possible, you get changes to the game to make it less desireable to someone who doesn’t play like this.

The game doesn’t change the community, the community changes the game.

3 Likes

This. +1

I’ll agree that the community has absolutely destroyed any semblance of an MMORPG atmosphere, it’s not here. Everyone would rather solo and follow their online guides and do whatever is popular in their discord. Boosting is ugly and hurts the game.

The other side of the problem is blizzard enabling it. Blizzard could end boosting easily, restrict exp gain so if someone is higher level than the dungeons range, turn off exp gain in that group. They choose not to because they will cater to those who will spend money on things that represent boosting and what a boosting atmosphere facilitates in game as an experience.

Blizzard allows the community to abuse all kinds of things in game because that’s the most common denominator of players. This playerbase will short circuit all content and ignore community values, they play an MMORPG the way you’d play a single player game. These players are then offered things via cash shop to keep their single player experience as QoL friendly as possible at the expense of the game losing its magic. A game without rules isn’t a game.

Whether it’s blizzard or some other game developer, whomever creates the next hardcore ish vanilla esque everquest esque game, will strike gold in the mmo market just like blizzard did in 2004-2008. The MMORPG genre is starving for substance rather than gimmicky action lobby based games parading as MMORPGs.

4 Likes

Classic is dead, long live BC classic!

Tbc will die at a much more rapid pace than vanilla did. You’ll see vultures in a couple weeks. Vanilla is superior, tbc is more of the same with tacked on novelties like flying mounts and arenas, things that add nothing to the game except the illusion adding to the game.

Tbc is more of the same and you’re feeding it to addicted has beens from classic vanilla who are already internally battling burnout vs making appearances due to fealty to their guild.

There’s no fresh blood here in terms of players, there’s no hype around tbc or it’s release in the recent past. Tbc retains the players most invested in vanilla whom are trying to extend that vanilla glory. Unfortunately the ingredients involved don’t lead to that, they lead to a dead game sooner than it’s predecessor of vanilla.

I think you sort of missed my point tbh. I don’t think the boost hurts the game at all, it’s the players that ruin the game.

If you went back to 2007 when tbc was released, you gave players a boost, the game wouldn’t even have changed that much. The boost doesn’t like short wire our brains into making the game a joke and blowing through it in a heartbeat. Even if there was a boost back then I still would have been leveling my hundreds of alts just because that’s how the game was back then. Even without the boost today look at how many shamans and Paladins hit 60 during prepatch…. Mage boosting and Paladin boosting through dungeons. THATS what is wrong with the game and THATS what I mean when I say the community kills the game faster than any boost can.

Players boosting and laundering gold with boosting

Vs

Blizzard offering cash shop boosting

Blizzard has it’s hand in the money pot in both scenarios. They allow this in order to make more money.

Player community driven boosting is just as bad as blizzard cash shop boosts, they’re one in the same, delivered differently.

Exactly my point. Without the boost it makes no difference because the same stuff is going on and the feel of that part of the game is already ruined for most players. There’s no point to it. So you shouldn’t be upset by the boost because it isn’t hurting anything that isn’t already dead.

They’re equally responsible in hurting the game and destroying any chance of a classic experience. One doesn’t mitigate the others damage. They compound upon one another, further reinforcing this experience so you’re surrounded by boosts.

Lots of people in BC never got to do Sunwell or Black Temple. Definitely more appealing than BWL or Naxx.

No that is not correct at all. First of all, the CLASSIC experience doesn’t have boosts and the TBC CLASSIC experience doesn’t need 1-58 content because that’s not tbc content.

And secondly, the classic experience you are talking was LONG LONG dead before the boost was even mentioned, and you know it.

1 Like

For the first time I’m remembering how great some of the class/balance/quality of life changes TBC brought to the game, and wish that two-thirds of Outlands didn’t exist.

I’m mutating into a Classic-to-WotLK+ customer, I think.