Boosting in PVP and Other issues

I am sure its been stated before but more then ever there seems to be a serious issue with boosting in PVP and the MMR being generally way off from what is intended to properly sync competitors up.

Out the gate there are a few major issues right now in Shadow Lands.

1. Because of how gutted PVE drops are and because PVP is the only game in town with a vendor, its become very lucrative to focus your time here.

2)There seems to be a disproportionate gain from PVP as opposed to PVE where once you reach certain rating thresholds, you can essentially boost ALL of your gear in one sitting. So while PVE may have to gradually get their gear, you can lets say boost 8 pieces of your gear in one sitting to 220 if you reach 1800.

3)I am already seeing people( I inspected many thus far) who reached Rival or higher playing in extremely low brackets when I was getting my alts rating up at 1000 mark or so. Its evident they are boosting the other player as you will generally see two of rival or higher and one who is quite under geared. You inspect them and see they only 1500 rating or so though even if they are sitting pretty at full 220 plus gear.

4)With no HP normalization and due to some absurd power creep scaling, the difference between a new player and one of these Rival or better geared players from Mythic etc. can be as much as ten thousand HP. This is creating a climate where boosting is encouraged as there is such a disparity that wins are almost guaranteed in the lower brackets. This is pushing out players who aren’t paired with Rivals etc.

I think this is going to kill PVP and its a huge oversight. Gearing used to be way more gradual when there was no scaling. With no scaling, no resilience, and no pvp power, the odds are stacked against new players and alts. This is also encouraging an unhealthy climate of boosting and lets be honest if someone is boosted, do they really deserve to be able to then level 10 pieces of gear in one day to 220 or whatever compared to PVE players etc who have to pray to the loot Gods for anything of worth?

Remedy:

Bring HP normalization back as this problem will just get worse and worse. Make it so you can only upgrade one PVP item a week aside from whatever you get in your chest.

I agree with your points. But I’m going to fill you in on something, the arena forums are where people go to die. There is no god, there is no Blizzard staff here.

i agree 100% with everything you said…and i really hope bilzz does something to fix this

Nahhh you’re too late for that. Gating everyone else while others are already sitting at 220+ is ridiculous.

Boosting and smurfs killed the integrity of rating a long time ago, yet ppl still cling to it to feel good about themselves.

It’s fascinating watching ppl say “under 2k lol your opinion sucks” and “bad PvE geared players are free 2k” in the same post every day.