Boosting Communities Weaponizing Report System

Having the CC petition on behalf of players on account actions would destroy the integrity of the platform and would most likely be viewed by Blizzard as an abuse of the direct line of communication Blizzard has given those players to developers, not to be confused with GMs. The point of the CC is to give feedback on the game, not petition for account actions to be overturned.

Now, can the CC say they disagree with parts of the ToS and ask that they be changed? Absolutely! They’d have to give reasoning why and how this would benefit Blizzard, but there’s nothing stopping them from doing that. The CC using their direct line of communication to try and debate account actions, however, would give Blizzard a reason to scrap the whole project.

I understand your frustration but this is not something CC members can intervene on, even if they wanted to. As I said, the only people who can resolve this are your friend and Blizzard.

1 Like

This is to be edited

I have personally seen the backlash zeetank gets from these boosting communities and its absolutely ridiculous. At one point both of his accounts were banned or silence by auto ban system. It’s seriously pathetic. Blizzard touts how they do so much to stop rmt carries and service selling and then create a banning system that’s easy as hell for them to take advantage of. Auto ban system is stupid af and a waste of player time, money, emotional health, and experience in game. Blizzard should over compensate zeetank for his extremely crappy experience and white list him from auto bans for this harassment.

Imo they should manually review every ban anyways. But that’s not Blizzard they continually show time and time again that they do not care about the player experience their time or their concerns. $$$$$$$$$ thats all Blizzard cares about and it sucks.

2 Likes

I’ve been running with Zeetank for over a year as whatever is needed for his raids and he has been raid leading for people to give them the kills and teach them the fights. When it’s particularly difficult to carry these people he calls in me or some other pumper to come in and make sure the kill is achieved. These kills are given at no cost (unless you count joining his discord a cost) and directly cut into the boosting communities profits.

Just as a reminder to people who don’t understand the reporting system, players get banned when defending towers in alterac valley from the number of enemy players that report the lone defenders. It is a quantity automated system, no matter if the offense is real or not. There needs to be protection against these kinds of things.

1 Like

I am the person @Altimate is refering to in this post.
He just noticed me about his post on this forum.

People know me better under the name of Zeetank…

So, let’s proceed with a copy and paste of my post on the official reddit of World of Warcraft with 3 millions users…

According to my last known status, I am currently suspended for another 10 days… again…

3 days before that suspension happened i was suspended for another 10 days…

And the same day that other suspension happened was the day i have been released from a 14 days chat suspensions

And before that chat suspension 4 days happened of normal gaming and before those 4 days… i was chat restricted for another 14 days…

And this have been going OVER and OVER and OVER again since a year.

I never use the in game chat besides the moment where i am getting my raids to join Discord.

I am the target of BOOSTING COMMUNITIES which are nothing close to be FANS of the game. They are EXPLOITING other FANS wallets to fill their own bank account. I have several screenshots. The wait time between each tickets is so long that i have been forced to buy the game another with expension and i was forced to boost another character with the in game feature because of this issue. I have been losing over 6 months of game time with unjustified suspensions due to BOOSTING COMMUNITIES.

I need a solution now, you guys tell me, do i need to contact a lawyer because of this ? I am following the TOS all the time, i am not even promoting anything when i game, i am strictly helping people for free.

According to the Ticket #87150856 replyed by Eeyveer, one of your fellow collegue, there is nothing that can be done. Nonetheless, the people that are chain reporting me are using the same ids, ips and in game tags WHICH you guys can access and figure out they are from the same “meeting spot”.

There is also a way to PURGE the “pool” of reports attached to an account as i am specificaly a target of malicious entities.

[Yes, i do stream my in game content.] -

[No, i do not select people FROM the stream to build my raids, i take people from the LFG depending on their progress and ilvl] -

[No, i do not charge gold, nor real money, nor subscribes, nor follows for my help] -

[Yes, i enjoy helping people getting their last boss done in the raid at the heroic level.] -

[No, i do not promote my stream through the LFG, title or description.] -

[Yes, i maybe have 5,100 ish followers on twitch and about 650 Subscribers… but NO my raids aren’t carrying my viewers, my viewers enjoy watching the kill happens and people learning.] -

[No, i do not deserve to be bullied by boosting communities and YES i beleive to AUTOMATED BAN System is a ridiculous and unbalanced thing not taking consideration of the POSITIVED feedbacks of a given player.]

-=-=-= I need a solution, i want to be able to play the game just like every other gamers without being the target of communities abusing their power with multiple accounts and the lame automated ban system.

1\ Please Refund me all my game time of unjustified suspended periods since this last year

2\ This is not fun anymore, i am being harassed and i want to know what are my rights as a pissed off and bullyed customer. I’ve been putting SO MUCH Energy, Personnal time, Familly Time, Efforts and money in this game since the last years and i am being a victim of a broken reporting system automaticly banning X Target after Y reports. Any RMT Traders or communities can coordinate themselves to make happen what is happening to me right now. Several people been seeing it live.

A) PLEASE, Cleanup “report cache” attached to my account

B) PLEASE, Lift immediatly the suspensions to my account

C) PLEASE, Refund me every minutes of wasted time since the last 5 suspensions which are all unjustified…

D) PLEASE, CONSIDER ADDING A POSITIVE FEEDBACK VOTE OPTION To counter the BOOSTING COMMUNITIES RMT SELLERS method of massively call to arm their peons to spam REPORT on X Given target. ( I cant even imagine you guys are suporting such a thing… its a non sense… RMT and Boosters are already breaking the game so hard… you guys litterally given them the power to ban anyone from the game with that report system…)

E) Please… give me a break… i dont deserve to be bullyed, i deserve a nobel price because i helped out 7,186 people since 9.0 with over than 238 Denathrius, 41 Jailers and 54 Sylvanas Kills FOR FREE with in game time over than ON MY PERSONNAL LIFE TIME to HELP people FOR FREE in the game and TEACH THEM the methods to make their kill happen.

Last ticket i’ve been posting in game is showing 30 days of wait time and still not replyed by blizzard.

I need immediate action.

Please !

Sorry for repost, i had to select my main toon’s name.

3 Likes

And he’s reporting those whispers, right?

Not a thing.

Bans aren’t automated. Here are a few things that might be tripping you up:

• Are you putting up a group that you’re filling from LFG itself, or are you putting up an info stub that directs people out of the game like to your Twitch or Discord for more information? If it’s the latter, that’s not a valid use of the LFG tool. Those messages should be going into Trade-Services.
  • Are you doing text advertisements anywhere except for Trade - Services? For example in regular Trade? Also not allowed.
  • Are you using a low-level character on multiple servers to advertise your boost groups in Trade - Services? Also not allowed. The character should be the one that you’re going to do the run on and shouldn’t be directing people to out-of-game sites and resources for more info.

I’d be curious to know what the results of any requests for explanation or clarification were when you appealed your account actions. Posting in the Customer Support forums (without the demands for restitution) might also be helpful, there’s a chance (but not a guarantee) that a Blue might be able to look at the situation and provide clarity as to what it was exactly that you did that got you an account action.

Or they might lock your post and tell you to wait on your appeal. That’s more likely if you go in guns blazing with assumptions, insults and outrage.

4 Likes

its not on CC; its on the developers and GM’s to fix this one.

1 Like

If nobody attacks the tower, defending it will look the same or very similar on logs to just not participating.

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’m gonna be honest, if I saw that mass of outrage I’d probably just hit “ban” too.

Take a deep breath and attempt to rewrite that to resemble how an adult would approach this situation.

2 Likes

It is best to not participate in parts of the game that are prone to report abuse (battlegrounds (particularyl 40 player BG ) and joining any communities (be it in game or Discord)

If you don’t want report-abuse banned, stay away from the masses and only play with friends. It’s the only measure someone can take.

Forgive my ignorance, but it is this at all normal for pugs?

1 Like

And this is the sad state of affairs.

How does one get into these groups? I want to get the slime cat but I haven’t raided in 2 expansions.

Once more with feeling

2 Likes

The fact it happens at all is proof of the automated ban system
That is more the point I was trying to make, people will report anyone they don’t like and if enough reports are sent they get auto banned.

1 Like

That is incorrect.

2 Likes

Not being snarky, do you have a source where the disciplinary system and how they are handled is explicitly outlined?

No we don’t Blizzard has assured us that there is no automated banning repeatedly and it requires human review.

What some people have begun to think after the Battleground thing (which had some false flags) is that parts of the process are automated. As in the data is compiled by a computer, lets say x reports on an account lead to a silence at Y level it gets flagged by something in the system. A GM looks at all the ones that have flags in their system and makes a call on them. However it is possible that certain flag types are complied like the Alterac Valley had to be and not really in depth reviewed due to staffing and the ban level x box is just checked and on to the next one.

1 Like

The sheer fact that it has taken this long for Zee to get any kind of response only to be told he has to go through yet another channel is crazy.

that there are such things as
“boosting communities”…
does not bode well for the
future of our game.

1 Like