Boosting Banned

No, they’re also banning the huge communities who operated on multiple realms & regions.

So now either you’re someone who uses these services you best hope either 1) You can figure out how to move large amounts of gold to the realm guilds selling are on 2) You can do RMT without getting scammed or banned, or 3) Add this onto another reason to quit the game.

The whole idea of banning these massive communities is fine up until you think that not everyone is on the handful of massive servers that have guilds that’re actively selling carries and Blizzard seems would rather let the game die than actually address dead servers

2 Likes

Ill believe it when I actually see it in writing

Here’s the thing, though

Boosting communities are safe, rules-wise. So you have a lot of people engaging in it to make some safe, legitimate gold. If Blizz catches wind that somebody is associated with an org then people could get randomly smacked, so the safety aspect is gone, and nobody wants to log into a 6 month ban on raid night.

Obviously there are some hardcore boosters who’ll find some way around it, but for the average booster (basically just an average or above average keystone or raid player) they won’t be comfortable.

2 Likes

Why does the payout matter if you unsub?

2 Likes

Make a topic Ybarra loses job for boosting.

It would be risky but it would be fun.

1 Like

Literally already is in writing.

Yes… which are the communities that RMT.

1 Like

If youre leaving the game why wait for a “payout” unless youre talking openly of Real money trading which is why this is being shot down and strictly limited to guild activity…
Its toxic to the game ans all its facets…good riddance…

But again…what “cash out” sus is in order…

they banned the organized boosting services
you can boost on your server for gold still

The Huokan community was taking advantage of the situation and they needed to be delt with

1 Like

Probly because he just told on himself about real money trading lol

3 Likes

True. But Huokan wasn’t the only player out there. And as you say, the people who play wow purely to make money off boosting for RMT or in-game gold are completely unaffected by this change. Sux but that’s the truth.

That’s the minority, though. This should drastically reduce the amount of carry spam.

Huokan number one scammers for boosts though.

As the gnomes say…

Hmmm. Interesting.

1 Like

This is dumb. The channels full of spam wasn’t the problem, nor were the carriers- the players that make it difficult for other players has always been the issue.

Sure, probably some idjits that want to cheat their way through. Who cares? There’s those that probably can’t even get into the content because of other players and that raider.i.o. - which should have been banned instead of Blizz making their own version thereby making it worse. Guaranteed that was the reason.

4 Likes

they actually explicitly state that individual players/guilds can still sell boosts, but multi-realm organizations are no longer cool.

“This policy update does not restrict individuals or guilds from using the provided in-game tools (“trade channel” chat) to buy or sell in-game items or activities for in-game currency.”

2 Likes

They didn’t ban boosting, they banned boosting communities.

My bet is they found too much RMT involved over the years. Good job Blizzard

Honestly I haven’t seen their spam in a while. I know it’s there but I don’t see it. Been using chat filtering addons for a while now. Kept my chat pretty clean. Not that you should have to do that of course.

2 Likes

the thing is, this will hurt the actual gold only communities more than the RMT ones, since the RMT ones don’t care about the ToS/EULA. RMT was already against ToS before this post went live.

3 Likes

Boosting communities are banned which make mass gold making possible. Realm based only boosting is like 1 sale per week compared to 20 an hour. It’s not worth it not to mention getting a single group together to boost is less safe for buyers from scammers AND way harder to pay friends. Most ppl don’t play on the same servers as their friends. If you’ve never boosted it’s understandable why you don’t get it but for boosters it’s dead period.