"Boosters" - why are you here?

FOr boosta

So you level a toon, pug some pvp, and farm. That sounds super DULL!

Classic PvP is rock, paper, scissors to the extreme with only gear to change the dynamic so I’ll say your playstyle is terribly boring to me. And Classic pvp is fairly static content as most people are going to die in a short window of burst damage. There are very few good fights in a battleground. You’re either getting steamrolled by another group or you’re getting the jump on another. I can’t do that over and over again. And as a PuG? F that!
Raiding is like a PuG BG for many because many guilds are comprised of a mix of great players, decent players, and lazy/IDGAF players (especially in 40m raiding). I enjoy the people I raid with and we almost always have a good time. Content is static. IDGAF. If I’m having fun does it matter if the content is dynamic or static? It’s a video game. If I wanted a true challenge I’d shut my computer down and work on another piece of furniture in the shop. Carpentry is much more of a challenge than any video game pvp for various reasons. And it allows more creativity than any game I know of. So I say have fun with your dull, boring pvp. It’s what you enjoy in game.

You also avoided the way players have been taught to play games since Vanilla launched. Blizzard along with other companies have taught us the game is the end game. Not the leveling process. And honestly, outside of the 50-60 portion of 1-60 you’re doing little that matters at end game except hitting levels to get talent points and train new ranks of abilities. If a player is new the leveling process is more meaningful as it normally helps them learn to play their class. Not so much for me on my 15th druid to max level between Vanilla to Legion, private servers, and now Classic. I enjoy the class.

So why not skip it on my 2nd Classic druid (BC farming toon) via boosting? I already know how to play the class and I learn nothing leveling it up. I won’t need the best gear as it’ll get replaced with Hellfire Penn. leveling quest gear. Etc.
I think OP thinks everyone has the same experience or defines fun the same as they do. That’s really a selfish point of view to take. And when people screech we are taking their ability to do dungeons and group content away I can see “LFG -insert dungeon-” scrolling on my server right now. So people are still leveling normally. It’s just not as many as back during launch so it creates this illusion of no groups available. Sometimes I have sat in LFG on my alt mage for an hour or so spamming for a group. I keep questing and when I get the group I head to the dungeon.

I’d agree it’s not 100%, but it’s nearly 99.9%. It’s a massive check in Blizzard’s pocket Activision is just itching to cash in.

“Its all about the journey”

2 Likes

No, it’s none of that.

I just blame people of your mentality for the state the retail game is in these days.

I don’t mind raiding, but I’d hoped that (like me) raiding was an afterthought to most of the Classic base. I didn’t see why people would return for it as they were still provided for in retail.

So now we’ve ended up who think existing in and enjoying the World of Warcraft Classic (trades, pvp, levelling, farming) sounds “super boring” and as a result we’re soon going to be shunted off to BC and then to WOTLK and the whole retrograde process begins all over again for the same reason.

I guess I feel the way you would if there was a way for me (someone who raided back in the day, but has no inclination to repeat the process) had some cheesy way of standing at the front of a raid instance and finding myself covered in epics after a few weeks. Skipping the boring part of the game but enjoying the rewards.

1 Like

lol. Well, obviously not the same people and players that said those words.

idk it just seems like I can get more interactions with other players on classic then on retail

Yes, but you could say the same thing about me asking why some people buy a Big Mac and cram it up their backside instead of eating it.

So do I, but why so you need five level 60s right now?

1 Like

Yes - we’ve established that. I’m trying to find a reason for these strange opinions, not identifying their existence.

Because I’d prefer people who don’t want to play the game went back to retail. Boosting as rife as it is now (in my opinion – just before I don’t get some pedant in here who thinks they’re the first person on Earth to crack the code differentiating objectivity and subjectivity) is worse than dungeon finder and raid finder ever were.

I think I’m well within my rights to prefer that not be happening on Classic servers.

2 Likes

and people will be asking for Wrath once TBC is cleared within a day. Anyone who thinks TBC will be any different is fooling themselves. Kael’thas will be cleared within an hour once the patch for it comes out.

Have you ever heard about new game+?

Those people would still be zooming to max level regardless of boosting or not. Sorry but you can’t force people to play the game the way you consider acceptable. Not everyone cares about taking it slow and enjoying every quest on their umpteenth ult, they just want to get to end game.

You can prefer whatever you want, but people are not going to care about your opinion and stop boosting just because you don’t like it.

Because in all due respect the people boosting aren’t part of that same classic community you speak of, OP. Think about it for a second. This boosting garbage wreaks of retail doesn’t it? And therein lies your answer. It’s retail players who are overwhelmingly responsible for this.

What happened to the retail population when classic launched and became popular? It dropped drastically did it not? Where do you think they went? That they simply stopped playing WoW? No, no, they went to see what all the fuss was about across the street and many stayed. With them they brought they player mentality and attitude you’re seeing today which directly conflicts with the classic community and how things were early on. As a result many of the classic players that you DO speak of have noped on out with more and more to follow.

I’m not saying these same retail players don’t sincerely enjoy and appreciate playing classic (which they of course have a right to) but they’ve absolutely made a HUGE impact in regard to the original community mentality and philosophy.

3 Likes

And what does that say about the majority of people leveling alts in classic right now?

2 Likes

Orrr it’s just that 15 years have passed and people play more optimally now.

Apparently, people didn’t come back for the entire game. They came back for the part that they want and are perfectly willing to pay someone (in game gold or real life money) to skip the parts they don’t want.

I personally think people who are taking all these shortcuts should be playing retail, but on some level I can understand. It’s a different world when you’re an adult that doesn’t have 6 hours a night to play.

1 Like

Yes, but not sure what that has to do with boosting. In the RPG’s where I’ve seen it (Mass Effect series, Dark Souls series), you have to beat the game on NG normally, and then NG+ is unlocked and you can play the game again starting at high level with that character, but enemies are tuned up to match your increased power.