Boosted gear is bad

Say what you will about people boosting to level 58. To each their own.

With that out of the way, the gear they give you is garbage and makes trying to quest a pain in the butt. It’s insulting really. To spend money on a service and not being able to enjoy it. Please fix this devs.

4 Likes

I agree, please fix this devs by removing boosting entirely, refunding the people who bought it while deleting all boosted toons. Kthx.

18 Likes

Nothing wrong with not wanting to slog through 58 levels to get to the part of the game you want to play. But ok.

2 Likes

Salt detected.

6 Likes

Everything wrong with adding BS to a game that is suppose to be a recreation of an old game from years ago.

The point of Classic is to be able to play the game like it was when it was released, not to add stupid garbage that dramatically changes the experience.

5 Likes

“The point of Classic” is different for everybody. Blizzard, the ones who ultimately decide, have decided that some changes are okay.

5 Likes

the boost is to get you into outland. just take the initial questing slow and you’ll be fine and will get to replace the gear with outland stuff

5 Likes

I’m good now, I just think it’s an issue. That’s why I made a post about it. But I hear you:)

I can think of 58 things wrong with boosts

6 Likes

It literally takes minutes of questing to get upgrades and hours of questing to get all of it replaced. Can take a couple days of casually doing easy quests.

Go spend 50g on greens at the AH before you go to Outlands.

Or suck it up for the first few quests. HP quests shower you with upgrades.

1 Like

I’m new to TBC/Classic and think I should level from scratch for the whole experience. Agree that the boost thing kind of sucks.

But I also sympathize with boosties. LFG is so much more dead than what I heard it used to be. Y’all are in Outland spamming the heck out of LFG too so only peeps with addons can even find groups at their level range limiting the pool even further.

All that boosted gear gets replaced in under 30 minutes in the first zone of TBC.

You can do it soldier.

3 Likes

I wish that only alliance were allowed to boost.

The point of Classic was to bolster lower subscription numbers and generate more revenue for shareholders by selling a nostalgia trip of the game’s original version. Adding in paid level boosts fits that point 100%.

First you want a boost.
Then you want better gear.
Next you’ll want instant 70.
A line has to be drawn somewhere. I suggest you take what you get or level 1-58 the old fashioned way.

1 Like

The only reason to be mad about boosted gear was before TBC, when it would always be compared directly to the current tiers BIS.

Now that people are 70, no one would care if boosts started with full vanilla pre-raid bis to step into TBC and replace everything.

Which gear? What are you comparing it to?

I dont wanna slog through dungeons to raid, so please give me a vendor to buy all the dungeon gear from.

I don’t wanna slog through bg’s to play arena, so please give me a vendor to buy all of the honor gear from for gold.

2 Likes

Good gosh this is why WoW is in the state it is in now. Keep your hyper focus on the end game in retail.

3 Likes