Boomy pvp builds

ANyone got a good pvp boomy pvp build they can share or point me in the direction of

BYGAjgO5l4zUDkYE8W5/Dtff2BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFASSkEkECSikEpBlEHIRSUS0kcgQokUSCR0AoQBA Starsurge

BYGAjgO5l4zUDkYE8W5/Dtff2BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFASSkEkECSikEpBlEHIJJRJJNiQokUSCRUAoRBA Starfall

Though the only changes I would probably make are to play Fury of Elune over new moon, since it’s just substantially easier to play with (though 60% health full moons are beautiful). And to potentially find a way to get mushrooms in starsurge build.

Other then that, the other thing I’m tempted to try out is actually Primordial Arcanic Pulsar instead of Orbital Strike ONLY for Starfall build. And this is purely because of Starweaver. Generally you’ll be able to probably have more incarn uptime overall with a 3min incarn CD through this than you would playing 2min incarn.

Overall it’s basically last season boomy but big dam.

TY I will give them a try

Do the SF/Starsurge free casts still count toward the stack for Pulsar? I was kinda wondering how going full sustain pressure would work out, maybe even going Sundered Firmament, mostly for even more AP.

Edit: Kinda tough to get Sundered actually, playing around with giving up Aetherial Kindling. If nothing else, should be a good pve build!

Yes sir, and they count towards the full AP value, not decreased values through our current set. So a free starsurge provides 40 AP, and a free starfall 50.

It’s tough to get all the talents. I really want to fit mushrooms into the builds, but faeries giving 10% now is way too good to pass up. Especially since generally I find them almost 100% uptime.

Sustained DPS builds are ABSOLUTELY the best build, especially into melee cleaves, right now. If you crit a starfire from WOE, I’ve found it actually applies it onto everyone hit by it, not just the one it crit on. Combo this with Owlkin Frenzy and suddenly you can just milk instant starfires to fish for your WT.

Can i ask the boomies how they do so much damage in epic BGs? What’s the rotation? Are there mandatory talents you’d want to use? And what stats do you want? Thank you in advance. :smile:

I’d imagine rai gave a solid build, I’m on my phone and can’t check the specifics but I actually do run mushrooms in my ST iteration. I opt out of BoAT and orbit breaker as well as elune’s guidance (I get the name right?). All three of those are fine talents, especially the latter, but the moon proc can’t be guaranteed on a target of choice which lowers its value and we’re not exactly AP starved at the moment.

Boat synergizes well with smolder and I’d love to have at least one in there but it’s also hard to get value out of perfectly due to the dynamic nature of pvp as well as people cc’ing when cds are used. It’s not super high value despite having potential.

Elune is a wonderful talent and it’s the one I wish I had the most but instead of cheaper surges during Incarn, mushrooms provide more surges indirectly through increased AP gen, more damage overall, and easier WT buff uptime. On top of the utility/slow. I just feel better having it at the moment. There’s plenty of room for tweaks though.

The biggest parts of all that damage are moonire, sunfire, and starfall. It looks like a lot, but most of that damage on its own can be pretty well covered by AE healing. They kinda cancel out. If you ever see a boomy ripping it in the damage charts and not running with starfall, you’ll probably see they have a lot more KB’s than the meter pads, and their damage will be most from moonfire and starsurge.

I feel like the starfall spread pressure is at its best in small group fights, in AB or EOTS for example. It’s satisfying stacking up the damage for sure, but IMO, going all blast no brakes on a single target at a time is the most fun as boomy. Doing whatever you can to build maximum arcane power and just trucking on someone with starsurge and wrath.

1 Like

Well yes but if we’re talking purely off random BGs, starsurge and going pure single target will actually net you higher damage consistently.
Rated BGs is where this flips the switch. In controlled environments, the value of starfall will increase dramatically in terms of raw DPS.