Boomkin in Dragonflight will be brain dead for RBGs

Finally decided to take a look at the new talents.

I don’t know what to say. Not thrilled about how boomkin will be played in RBGs because it seems very clear how it will, which is m+ PVE dot bot. There’s literally a talent which makes everything between you and the targeted location have moonfire and sunfire applied INSTANTLY TO ALL TARGETS when you use Incarn. On top of this, Circle of Life and death is a talent, and the Torghast power which drops a full moon is a talent.

This is going to be extremely problematic for balancing in RBGs for the simple reason that as a team fight starts, if you dot 8 targets (like on EOTS) you’re going to drop a full moon every 4-5 seconds or so, and that’s without including pets. Imagine a UHDK presses army or something and now you’re dropping one every 3-4 seconds. And it’s literally going to be a SINGLE BUTTON press. After that you’ll just maintain starfall as much as possible. Any team who doesn’t insta-MD, or insta-revival will pretty much get toasted. I’m really getting tired of seeing RBGs with the rot meta that is always so prevalent. Please consider looking into this.

1 Like

dot envy. not a good look.

6 Likes

I literally play a boomkin you dolt.

We don’t know anything about how anything is going to play until we get our hands on testing.

1 Like

We have talent trees we can make an educated guess since Blizzard doesn’t really ever care to like you know…

PULL THE RIP CORD.

Y’all said the same thing with covenants and what not and we ended up with Shadowlands being the worst expansion to date up until like a month ago when we all got access to alts and freedom to change covenants and honor bonuses.

The fact of the matter is that they put out a talent tree and it looks like the same braindead dot rot is going to rule RBGs, the only reason I could see this sucking is if they somehow absolutely neutered boomkin’s dot damage, starfall damage, shooting stars damage, and full moon damage.

1 Like

All we have are words on a talent tree. Not one of these abilities has been tested.

If Orbit Breaker works like the Torghast power, it’ll only be on your current target.

That’s not how Orbit Breaker works in Torghast I’m literally in here right now lol… it’s on whatever target the 20th tick is on.

No it isn’t.

I mean what do you want video proof of it? I’m IN HERE RIGHT NOW TESTING lol.

I literally had 3 full moons in about 15 seconds or so. Wasn’t counting, but I can’t make a moonfire tick that fast on a single target, bud.

Sure you are.

Also I’ve done hundreds of torghast runs and can confirm it does in fact only drop on your current target. Can pull a giant pack and it’ll only drop on what I’m currently dpsing.

Regardless, you’re malding over irrelevant stuff.

Well here’s an image proving you wrong

Yeah nice tab target Verne.

I just tested it in both TC and in adamant vaults and it only dropped on my current target.

It’s a tooltip error.

I guess you need video proof?

Or are you gonna tell me that in that span of time my moonfire ticked twenty times on that target… loooool. You’re wrong dude.

And I’ll go back to my original point. This is going to be exceedingly broken in RBGs. You’ll actually only press starfall and moonfire over and over. Sunfire a bit. You’ll get so much AP from full moon the rotation literally might just be starfall starsurge as much as you want if they don’t MD your dots.

You’re whining about a talent in a WIP talent tree in an alpha we don’t even have yet, which will likely see further iteration, just like in past alphas almost nothing you see in the first builds lasts unchanged.

Also, yes it is entirely possible with enough haste in Torghast to have your moon fire tick 20 times in a short span. Even more so with circlet of weeds.

1 Like

You got owned lol

1 Like

Now would be a great time for you to start to cry about 11.0 too.

3 Likes

Giggling that this post has to be posted here because there simply isn’t a dragonflight feedback section yet (no beta btw)

I drop full moons in BGs all the time.
It’s not a problem :stuck_out_tongue: