Boomkin 3s

How does balance do in spell cleaves right now?

I see most comps running dh or warr. Just curious if anyone has any success with double caster

Its not great in spell cleaves because boomy gets outtraded pretty easily by all the other non-mage wizards (lock/ele/spriest/hunters, which are just amish wizards).

Boomy+dh is for sure s tier still, boomy/ww very good also and boomy/war feels solid too.

2 Likes

Are the new boomie changes in beta yet?

Yes they are however the Mushroom change is currently not in it but I don’t think that makes much difference in pvp outside of the slow.

Boomy aff can work, but that says more about the overpowering nature of aff right now.

being a wizard that can get casts out without a 2nd wizard means that you’re “balanced” in a way that doesn’t really benefit from having a 2nd wizard. boomy isn’t really well suited to the way any of the other wizards want to play their comps-you can make it work but you’re basically either a worse feral or a worse mage in most comps.

i think boomy ele is the only wizard comp that isn’t true for-you’re a worse warlock in that comp, but it’s still really good as long as you don’t queue into hpals.

Cleanse the weak on the same power level of shadow resist aura was you think?

1 Like

cleanse the weak is better, aff was not good in bfa so all it did was counter spriest, cleanse tweak is good against so many specs

2 Likes

I’ve played Boomkin/Affliction/Resto shaman and Boomkin/Ele/Holy Paladin extensively as the Boomkin and had alot of fun. Playing with melee classes seems alot harder, I feel like Boomkin requires another caster to be successful.

I would rank the comps I’ve played in this order.

1. Necrolord Boomkin/Affliction/Resto Shaman
  2. Kyrian Boomkin/Demo Lock/Resto Shaman
  3. Kyrian Boomkin/Elemental Shaman/Holy Paladin
  4. Necrolord Boomkin/Shadow Priest/Resto Shaman

Stuff melts quickly when you play the first comp listed.

I disagree with most of this

1 Like

I feel like that might be the case for you due to your personal experiences at a certain point of time in a particular rating bracket. You also seem to be alluding to an AoE build that supports these comps which is generally not too efficient if a team can be extremely disruptive with cross CC. In higher rated games, there are glaring disadvantages to boomkin/caster comps. There are obviously a select few that can perform quite well, but the best boomkin comp currently in 3s is undoubtedly boomkin/dh and following that I’d say is boomkin/ww right behind it. Haven’t seen much of boomkin/war or boomkin/rogue myself, but I can also see those two comps being better than a boomkin/caster comp right now.

2 Likes

I hate Boomkin/WW. Boomkin/DH isn’t to bad I just feel like I can get spells off alot easier with another caster on my team.

Well, yeah, if you’re playing double caster then generally one of you is going to have more freedom to get casts off, it’s just that Balance doesn’t seem to benefit from that as much as others between their fast clones and most of their damage (at least as Kyrian) being instant and during that empower/fury dump.

That’s one reason I enjoy playing Boomkin/Ele so many instant cast procs.