Bonedust Brew needs to be removed

New*… people got mad at our dmg in sl and how they couldnt compete … we get nerfed like super nerfed where they literally debugged alot of things that made WW… ww

We weren’t the only offender back in SL. That said, we were the most memed because spin to win BDB was so dumb it made its way into PvP.

Very true but if i might add every spec and class where memed upon in those time… Revendreth warriors(pvp) Kyrian Paladins (pvp)… boomkins convoke (pvp/pve) … Mages whether it was arcane or wtv also had stupid 1 shots and brainless tactics…

Where WoW is at today with its spells/specs is kinda shameful and really disrespects some classes and their skill caps… If i might add on also… Kyrian hunters with double tap rapid fire LOL… list of memes classes could go on for days in SL days.

A lot of them went Kyrian and got spear, and we have to deal with that on live now.

Still around.

Still around, but I’m not sure how big convoke is now for PvP. Haven’t fought that many boomkins in arena.

Arcane got fun with Kyrian. I’m actually glad it got carried into DF. That said, I don’t remember Arcane being too obnoxious in PvP in SL, and to this day it’s still pretty easy to disrupt.

This is basically still a thing. Also MM slapped in keys back in SL and still do.

My point being all classes are kinda crap now and all have their cheeses… id dread the day a MM hunter out dpses me in a M+ and probably wouldnt continue as a WW… WoW decided to recycle SL spells which is going to bring SL vibes… they are trying to shine light on different spells for monks to use besides crane kicks or wtv to get those 5 stacks… but atp it would need an in depth spell/passive rework to even have hope in seeing legion monks at a controllable (non-broken) dps aoe class

I think they had this spell where its like a 3-5 second cast and just shoots a nasty beam… arcanosphere or wtv its called… not sure how long that lasted tho

I mean this was kinda the case in the last season of SL. I have an MM buddy that I run with. 7 times out of 10 I’d outburst him, but more often than not he’d beat me in sustain for AoE.

Also let’s not forget that Surv/Demo/Destro also existed.

This is kinda the funny thing. The idea with talent trees was that we could “design” our spec to suit the situation, but our ST is still pretty crap no matter how hard we try to min/max, and our AoE can still generate excellent numbers despite how hard they gutted it. It feels like the talent tree didn’t really change anything.

YOO… i know right i personally dont like this talent tree at all… still feels the same seeing most talents from before i kept except for eye of the tiger and maybe an other… besides that its SL all over again with an insane TOD 90 sec cd hitting up to 4 enemies (like excuse me??? LOL)

Ohh SURV hunters and their bombs… i wont lie thats probably the only class i enjoyed watching out dps me like i was a healer just trying to pitch in dps, it was somewhat satisfying to watch

I didnt get the chance to play last season of SL and i think iam glad i did not… they lost me at 2 leggos and ashes and embers and this and that just to make a leggo ud replace again with 10 more ilvl… yeah okay lol

Bonedust brew, Chi Burst and White Tiger Statue are absolutely garbage talents. I’m actually so salty about how good Algethar Puzzle Box is and the fact I can’t get a different trinket because my opening rotation with cooldowns is so frustrating to use and doesn’t fit the thematic playstyle of a Monk whatsoever.

My setup is the following when popping cooldowns before fighting a pack or a boss with no prior chi. Expel Harm>Algethar Puzzle Box>Chi Burst>White Tiger Tiger Statue>Bonedust Brew>Summon Xuen+Blood Fury>Storm Earth and to FINALLY A GOD DAMN TIGER PALM.

That isn’t a fun way to play this game whatsoever, especially in M+ and if you aren’t on comms with your tank you usually lose a second or two of dps because you don’t want to accidentally Chi Burst early and get slapped by a boss or mob. Even without the puzzle box, the opener feels absolutely garbage.

I levelled a Monk just to play WW in dragonflight and I really love the class and core rotation. But man, so many of the talent tree options are completely uninteresting/underwhelming and feel like garbage to use most of the time and the setup for pulls is awful.

I can’t get over the fact that White Tiger Statue and Bonedust Brew are the two capstone talents for my M+ spec right now. They are completely bland and devoid of any soul or impact. They don’t feel good whatsoever. They could easily make white tiger statue increase the pulsing damage of Xuen instead of adding another keybind for such a crappy ability.

Perfect example of how bad the opener feels is on Nokhud Offensive packs before the first boss. So much setup just to finally tiger palm in and then have to run out immediately before thunderstrike or fists of fury since the stupid centaur is war stomping already given it took like 5 seconds just to pop cooldowns and get on him.

6 Likes

I’ll second the hate for tiger statue. It’s not fun to use or even look at. I hate that it even exists. I feel like blizz tried to replace wdp on our bars with tiger statue from shadowlands. I think that’s why wdp damage sucks so bad because the dev working on ww couldn’t fit wdp on his action bars but had to have his tiger statue.

Chi burst cast time feels really lame for the damage output it does with how fast ww playstyle is.

I’m indifferent on bdb. I don’t mind it.

FLS doesn’t feel great to press. Looks cool but really boring.

The spec just plays identical to SL in m+ except subbing out wdp for a 2 min lame statue. I feel like our tree was a really missed opportunity.

3 Likes

Imagine thinking IO has anything to do with an opinion of how a spec feels/plays. Do yourself and everyone else a favor, and stop thinking like this.

2 Likes

Well it just proves you dont have much experience in high end content with a monk only reason iam saying that… dont take it personally but if i were a 400io dk i wouldnt be commenting for changes with not alot of experience… also Blakimus looking through monk IO u havent played SL monk dont want to be rude but lmaoo why even comment

Normally u would want to Exp Harm/Chi burst/ white tiger statue/ xuen tiger macrod with racial or trinky/ Storm Earth Focus SFK Focus(for 5 stock MoTc/Quick FoF/ tiger palm with proc (3 chi)/ then BdB and spam Crane kick… Why waste so many Gcds after bdb for ur first real hit to be a tiger palm…

[aquote=“Jdeez-emerald-dream, post:33, topic:1455339”]
. I feel like blizz tried to replace wdp on our bars with tiger statue from shadowlands.
[/quote]

Well more with Thunderstrike… also add that to ur rotation maybe right after BDB then follow with Crane kick procs

Pales in comparison to the AOE of wod and mop, by simple virtue of 100% SeF split on multi targets.

Played a bit in the beginning, and kept up with monk changes throughout. I comment because I want the monk class to feel better. You saying someone doesnt have the right to comment on something because they arent as experienced with it, is elitism at its worst.

I had my first child in the middle of SL, so time to play it was completely off the table. Now my kid is 2, and im starting to have a little time at night to play. Ive played off and on for 15 years, and some elitist kid isnt going to tell me to not comment on the forums. Get this trash mentality out of your head. Everyone can and should comment on the forums.

3 Likes

Bold of you to assume there is a dev that plays monk.

1 Like

Understand we are one of the least played specs in the entire game and always have been, how fun the class is is way more important than how well the numbers do.

The only way we will ever get the devs to actually acknowledge and communicate with us instead of as an afterthought is to get more people to the spec itself.