Bolvar's Wife, Taelia's Mother

Does anyone have any information regarding who Taelia’s Mother is? All I could find is that she was ‘deceased’. Without any further information, I am starting to assume that her mother is Lady Prestor. If this is the case, would Taelia be half-dragonkin and would she even know?

I am sure someone will pull out a reference and identify the actual mother. But if not, what is the likelihood of this?

3 Likes

Random Unnamed Noblewoman.

25 Likes

I think its mara fordragon thats assumed to be bolvar wife.

I wonder if Bolvar alone is compelling enough, or if she is going to have some plot twist inspired mother revealed? But who is left out there? She is most likely the child of two Humans. Her mother could have been a dragon or a demon I guess. But if we keep it to humans, who would even be interesting?

Making her the secret love child of Calia and Bolvar would be one way to go.

I suppose another way to go would be that Tiffin Wrynn had an affair with Bolvar, and Taelia was hidden away out of shame. Or Bolvar and Tiffin had a child before she married Varian. Making her Anduin’s half sister but not a Wrynn.

I just wonder who would even be interesting to reveal as her mother.

Yeah, I am truly curious. I know many people have teased (whether rightly or wrongly) the idea of Anduin being a Menethill son. But everyone loves a scandal rather than solid families.

The reason I think Taelia could actually be Prestor’s child is due to her darker black hair. She seems to have the ashy skin tone prevalent in Black Dragon Human forms. But also because Bolvar had been hypnotized and under her enchantment, whether this was during a time where a child could be conceived is another question.

Due to the fact Blizzard does not identify the mother clearly puts the lineage in question. But knowing them they just didn’t care to flesh it out.

2 Likes

While that’s an interesting thought, this happen much later in the timeline, long after Bolvar had left Talia in Kul Tiras and came to Stormwind.

2 Likes

some lordaeronian noble woman.

taelia looking very little like bolvar is interesting though, would be funny if her original mother was supposed to be lady prestor, but it was changed after she was designed. would raise some questions about taelia though, she would carry black dragonflight corruption and be very prone to violent behavior.

2 Likes

There’s basically no information on who she is beyond supposedly dying in Lordaeron near the start of the Third Ear. It’d be kind of weird for her to be a dragon. Feel like Taelia would know if she was.

5 Likes

Not gonna lie, I’d love it if her mother was Katrana Prestor. If for no other reason than the idea that Prestor had some long plan to infiltrate Stormwind is far more interesting than her being the lost Lordaeron Princess.

4 Likes

Taelia is the rightful ruler of Lordaeron her mother was Calia Menethil. Taelia was the child Calia’s mother made her sworn to keep it a secret till Arthas took the throne. what Blizzard should do is free Lordaeron from blight then have Taelia rule Capitol City and her mother Rule Under city with the forsaken . make it a neutral city where horde and alliance can meet to keep the peace

6 Likes

I considered this as well. The irony being that both Bolvar and Calia’s brother were the Lich King. Assuming that Bolvar is the father and not the guardian.

I feel like some people confuse Bolvar’s backstory with Turalyon’s backstory, somewhere along the way the two have gotten mixed-up somewhat, which is what led to the Calia + Bolvar = Taelia theories. There’s no reason to suspect Calia is Taelia’s mom and there’s no reason to doubt that Bolvar is Taelia’s father. Bolvar is not from Lordaeron and has no connection to Lordaeron at all /shrug.

8 Likes

I am Taelia’s mother.

14 Likes

Actually, we don’t know where Bolvar is from, as it has never been specified. We do know that most of the human population of Stormwind took refuge in Lordaeron, fleeing the sacking of the city by the initial orc invasion, which resulted in the death of King Llane, Varian’s father.
Fortunately, the Alliance was able to push the orcs back, and reclaim almost all conquered lands, including Stormwind.
Varian was a boy when the elite of Stormwind fled to Lordaeron. Assuming Bolvar is around the same age, that would probably make him too young to be the husband of Mara Fordragon, but it could make him her son!

4 Likes

The only certain connection is that Bolvar’s wife died there. That’s part of what fuels these conspiracies.

Pretty sure that her draconic blood would manifest sooner rather than later and we’d have… I dunno, a scaled Taelia.

A Scaelia.

6 Likes

I think she doesn’t need a backstory to be important. Her dad’s the LK custodian.

Bolvar may die to free her up to be a more prominent figure. Flynn Fairwind might be more prominent as well.

Won’t know til after 9.3 shrugs

The Calia theory is, thankfully, mostly dead in the water with Shadowlands. Calia and Taelia travel to Oribos together, and confront Bolvar, and stand there for the rest of the expansion without a mention of any family ties between them, even amidst the multiple family drama conversations with Bolvar and Taelia.

Also, light skinned blonde lady and light skinned redhead don’t typically create a tanned black haired girl. It can obviously happen, but WoW doesn’t really delve into the intricacies of genetics.

7 Likes

We don’t have any strong evidence pointing to a specific person being Taelia’s mother. There is the Calia Menethil theory, but it seems quite unlikely given the lack of interaction between Bolvar, Calia, and Taelia on that front, and it was always a bit of a stretch to make Bolvar, knight of Stormwind and regent for Anduin, fit the description of Calia’s husband as a Lordaeron footman within the established timeline.

What we do know, without a doubt, is that Taelia was born and sent away to Kul Tiras before the death of Daelin Proudmoore in the Third War, because Daelin personally chose Cyrus to look after Taelia. This would seem to rule out Katrana Prestor as a candidate for her mother.

Personally, I’m fine with her not being Calia’s child. There are plenty of humans in Warcraft, they don’t all need to be closely related.

6 Likes

The only known other Fordragon we have is Mara Fordragon, who was the High Clerist of Stormwind and assumed to be a proto-paladin, basically one of the only things close we have to a patron saint in Warcraft beyond maybe the woman who originally brought the Light to humanity.

We’re in year… 33, now, apparently, and Bolvar presumably isn’t that much older than Varian, which would make Mara his mother, not his wife, or at most his sister. Which means Taelia’s mother is still up in the air, but also leaves a bit of a clue that Bolvar is most likely from Stormwind originally, since if his mother was from Lordaeron and became High Clerist of Stormwind after… she would have been one of the first paladins, not a clerist.

Edit: I should clarify that the evidence points to her more being his mother, because she’s called the patron of the Stormwind refugees, meaning she was more than likely an adult and a spiritual figure by the time Stormwind fell.

3 Likes