Bolstering + Fortified =?

Has there ever been Bolstering + Fortified combo’d together? I don’t remember this being a thing ever in BFA. It was always on Tyrannical weeks, but on fortified is legit straight up trolling.

This week is worse than last week. So are we going to go 3 good week, 2-3 bad week rotation now?

4 Likes

They are trying hard to sell the appeal of running on Tyrannical weeks.

3 Likes

Seems pretty bad week to me, but it seems there was such combo previously in BFA according to Google search.

Fortified Bolstering has been in the rotation in the past, but it’s been a while. I thought Blizzard had finally gotten wise, but I guess I was giving them too much credit… =/

2 Likes

think they play-tested these affix combos before releasing them? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

They were tuning affixes the day before the patch released. There’s no chance that half of this stuff was ever tested. Their ability to hit a schedule is shockingly poor.

6 Likes

Bolstering, skittish and Fortified was the week everyone dreaded in Legion.

Everyonce in a while, a fury warrior would dare to use odyn’s fury only to be immediately one shot by 3 bolstered spiders.

(for those that are new to M+, “Skittish” was an affix that caused the tank to generate far less threat.)

Think they play test ANYTHING themselves before releasing it?

5 Likes

Just stop doing anything past +15, m+ is not a supported game mode.

1 Like

this is way too hard at 15+ blizard shouldnt be putting bolstering with fortified. either you do super small pulls or you take forever on big pulls and stress the healer and tank out. its actually impossible to chain kills at all. this is some bullsheet. I’ve failed to time nearly 5 +15 keys today just too hard.

2 Likes

What was happening in those runs? I’ve been able to time a +17 PF and missed 17 SD by 30 seconds with a full wipe and a couple people dying from avoidables. I’m still doing double pulls and what not.

2 Likes

You always say how your taking tyrannical weeks off because the the affixes associated with them are too hard, so they switched those to fortified instead and now these are too hard? Sheesh. Rough couple of weeks!

We will have to wait and see the rest of the season rotation. If this is the hardest it’s going to be, I can live with that.

2 Likes

I don’t think there’s been a week that compares to some of the hardest of last season. There’s also not been any super brain dead weeks either.

1 Like

Yeah, so far I have been able to push every week. The difficulty seems to be spread out fairly evenly so far.

1 Like

I think the hardest weeks in S1 were Tyrannical + affixes that slowed trash down a lot, like bolstering and necrotic.

I’m curious what Bolstering + fortified will be like since you’re already doing trash slower.

I’m guessing that accidentally aggroing a few extra mobs will be RIP Timer.

2 Likes

So far timed 4/5 runs. Several of the timed runs had multiple wipes and deaths from players failing mechanics. This is still while being 20 ilvls below the season cap.

Pug or group you typically run with?

My issue with bolstering is that you have to slow-pull the entire dungeons and it requires extreme coordination between your dps to split down everything evenly which makes the pulls take longer than they really should. You accidentally pull any extra mobs and you’re pretty much screwed at that point.

I just hate that you get the same amount of scoring and rewards from a brain-dead easy week compared to the hardest affix combinations. It’s obvious nothing was learned from S1 in terms of making M+ enjoyable to run the entire season instead of rolling your eyes when you see the weekly affixes and deciding to only do 1-4 keys for the week.

1 Like

whatever you do, DON’T do DoS this week… lol yikes

it slows down groups big time. I always found Bolstering and Bursting to be the worst feeling affixes. You have to pull very differently, and it’s the same clock unfortunately.

These are all doable, but they’re not too fun imo. These types of affixes burn people out or just hollow out the participation for the week…which doesn’t do the pug community any favors.

i can say with confidence that whoever chose affix combos this season, clearly doesn’t play M+. I’m very confident in saying that actually. I know I would have done better.

2 Likes