BOE's res + don't even bother

You WON’T be getting any loot when BOE"s reserved/ Don’t waste your time, you are just being used to help gear others with ZERO benefit to you.

With the crazy number of soft res fair pug runs out there who in their right mind would join a hard res run for anything below AQ40?

3 Likes

There’s still a few really rare things I could see a mostly guild pug run hard reserving before AQ40:

Neltharion’s Tear

Bindings

Elementium

depending on previous luck either DFT or rejuv gem.

You obviously need Elementium for AQ40 weapon turn ins, and Neltharion’s Tear is so BIS and so good for the rest of classic that letting one go might not be an option if your casters still need it.

At least with a mostly guild soft res pug run you know they’ll full clear and you can safely soft res loot off the last boss without worrying about whether it will be wasted.

Id argue this isn’t a thing because it drops like rain from the trash all the way to Ebonroc.

Bindings, I guess but that’s almost excusable.

It’s not so rare that it’s gonna be hard res, maybe, but I kinda doubt it because most of the pug hosts I see use soft res.

We talking mc or 5 mans. Cause in MC reserving boe’s but a +1 or soft reserve is fine with me.

Common practice for guilds I’ve seen is recipes, mats, legendaries, and head/heart from last boss reserved for the guild, and then soft reserve or MS>OS.

Why are you raiding for BOEs you could just buy off the AH

4 Likes

Title confuses me, are you going for the BoEs?

1 Like

You must get lucky because I’ve had runs where we got 1 and runs where we got none. It’s rare that it drops a ton in my exp.

I’ve seen nelth’s tear drop once. Your luck doesn’t mean it’s the same for every guild.

Soft res is the best pug loot system I’ve come across yet. It’s transparent before the first pull, you can res the same item, you can see how many other players are targetting the same item as you. If it’s uncontested, it’s yours if it drops.

Why would you soft res a boe item, lol? Which?

Our guild does hard res on a few items. It’s the price you pay for a well respected regular clear. Pugs still have +1 to roll and know if it’s worth signing up regarding what is hard res.

I do think soft res is the best system though.

You are delusional.

Hes referring to the standard " Binding/BoE’s and Matts hard rezzed for guild" and the occasional game BiS rare item or nef head rezzed for buff, esp as it gets harder to get on low pop servers. Which every single guild does or even well occasional org weekly “pugs” w the same core carries will do this. Which is completely 100% understandable. Its common, everyone does it, it has been done this way in classic for years now, across all servers even private; and everyone agrees with it. 9/10 times when someone has a post like this there always slacker PuG with green parses, no raid prep,raid logging, giving back legit nothing, if that, to the guild/group/serve, stepping into a raid grp where organizers went out of their way setting it up and dealing w 40 ppls bs every week (a ton of work) and thier item gets Ml away to someone putting in a ton of time, or they want a thunderfury and “its not fair i dont get to role if i show up to the raid 2 min before, i need it.”

T he posts also almost always have this salty feeling to them, the twisting of the situation is intense too, why are you tryna make it sound like there are these people tricking and scamming people into farming gear for them every week while they get nothing out of it when thats far from the case.
You are just being used to help gear others with ZERO benefit to you.
Thats how yu know there’s salt. like cmon. Im sure they soft rezzed their item and they can/will get something. Im sure theyll roll on other things they want that wherent soft rezed. The one item that might be hard rezzed 39 other people dont need and arent all there just for that.

TLDR; OP thinks that 1 item being hard rezzed for the player who has never missed a raid, on the team for 7months w full consume/buff/prep everytime, helping out his guildies giving back and waiting for the item the whole time is catpoop. and its catpoop because he wants it and his class can use it and he showed up to raid today so he should be able to roll on it too. Meanwhile the OP is a green parsing raid logging no consume always late “i forgot to repair” selfish nobody in the guild. Oh the humanity

Your guild sounds like it has 1 of those loot councils that would disenchant items before letting a not-one-of-them have it.