Boat from Boralus to Stormwind Sometimes Takes Me to Alterac Valley

Still an issue since July 2019… I am now stuck waiting on a hearth stone back to bolarus… and have 0 clue how to get to SW from boralus w/out that boat… lol

this had just happened to me, except I got teleported to under a mountain in hillsbrad and kept getting d/c for about an hour till I got put at the alteric valley portal. this also happens to the horde if your taking the zeplin from anywhere to org you get teleoprted to stormtalon peak. I understand that its the default 0, 0 for the continents but it only seems to happen when your going to SW or Org so why can that location not be placed just outside those cities? or just get rid of the boats and zeplins together, with this issue not going away its a worthless mode of transportation, especially with all of the portals.

Literally just happened to me now. This is my first alli char and I have no idea how to get back to stormwind.

This just happened to me as well, 11/20/20. Very confused for a minute.

Before you disrespect J.R.O.C., it could happen to you cause it happened to me

This just happened to me today. Got on the boat, was just sitting there, and suddenly I’m in a cave in Alterac Valley…first time it’s ever happened to me. I’m like…what just happened? I’ve never been there so I had a time trying to get out. Thankfully a friend used the summon in Stormwind to get me where I needed but this definitely need to be fixed.

1 Like

This is Still happening and it happens to me whenever I use the boat now.

1 Like

Oedipus:
Good morning.

There is a bug with the Boralus-Stormwind boat that instead transfers you to Alterac Valley. It has happened everytime this week for meand i’m starting to get pretty frustrated. The character i am currently using only has 1 hearthstone which makes this quite inconvenient.

Here is a link to the thread showing it’s been ongoing for way to long.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/boat-from-boralus-to-stormwind-sometimes-takes-me-to-alterac-valley/217181/60

Zanngrue:

My name is Zanngrue and i’m a Game Master here at Blizzard. Thanks for you rpatience while we got to your ticket. I was able to take a look at your account, and i think i have some answers for you!

We know it’s not great when something like this doesn’t work as expected. We definitely want to make sure this is reported to the proper folks here at Blizzard in order to have this investigated. In cases like this specific issue, this is handled by our development and QA teams, and isn’t something CS would be able to investigate or fix. Luckily, there is a way to contact the team directly! Please follow the instructions in the below link for information on how to send this information directly to the folks who can look into this for you. I do want to warn you that you’re unlikely to receive a direct replay, and we cannot promise how long a bug may take to be fixed, assuming it is actually bugged. However, this is the only path we have available in order to get this looked at. Thanks for your understanding and help with this!

Summary:
He can’t forward the ticket onto the correct team because he is a lazy POS. They can’t promise anything because they don’t care. If they won’t make money off of it then why do something about it? Sigh.

Just happened to me today. Gonna be a heck of a trek to Stormwind now lol

This bug has been around for years. They’re not going to fix it.

1 Like

Still is a bug! Blizzard pls fix. It’s so bad for new players, who get stuck in some high level Zone with no way back out to Stormwind. Thankfully, a kind player flew me out to where I needed to go.

1 Like

This just happened to me. Super weird! I’d never taken the boat out of Boralus before.

1 Like

Happens every time. How am I supposed to get back to Stormwind? I sent my stone to another inn in Boralus. I am totally new, so if its obvious sorry

APRIL 2021 - Still happens!

Still happens, every single time, on any character.

This has happened to me a few times now, I get on the boat to Stormwind and end up standing next to Grumbol Grimhammer.

Can confirm as of 6/10/2021 it is STILL not working.

According to a ticket response I received this has never been an issue.

1 Like

Just happened to me, thought it might be an isolated issue but apparently not. I’ll probably submit a ticket just so they have it on record

This has clearly been an issue for at least the past 3 years.

Perhaps if someone asked them to read this thread, they might see that it’s still very much an issue and a bit of a time waster for those who have to sit in the cave at AV if their hearthstone still has a 30 min CD on it.

And…it’s still happening today, 14th July 2021.

1 Like